March 2015 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: March 2015 Reviews - London

Post by kport »

Hi Pat-

I agree about those seats in 'the heavens'. They give quite a different perspective to the show that the denizens of Row BB might not encounter. I agree that the sound is very good - perhaps because one is not so close to the two speaker towers either side of the stage. Catching the odd glimpse of goings-on behind the scenes is fun. The upstairs bar is probably the least crowded at half time, and the loos are not as busy. And the posters are definitely worth seeing - a potted history of this venerable theatre. Arthur Askey? Those were the days!

I also agree about the seats. I am not tall, but I could hardly squeeze my knees into the space. I would recommend an end of row. Because the entire stage is visible, more or less, where you sit up there is not an issue. Any seat is fine.

I do recall that the highest spins in Dream Ballet are not visible from some seats up there! But you see every tap and every pirouette!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

theatrix15 wrote:I meant the actor playing Small Boy - called Billy isn't he?
Ahhh okay :D

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

patc wrote:In Dream Ballet Billy will probably disappear from view as he spirals up. I say "probably" because, funnily enough, I don't remember exactly what happened because, on the day, there was a problem at that point and the show had to stop for a short while.Pat
It looked like there was a timing issue with the wire work. Bradley was never quite where Barnaby was expecting him to be. When it came to the spins, instead of Bradley being horizontal, he was facing down at about a 20 degree angle. Barnaby just stopped and lent in to say something to Bradley and they brought the curtain down.

I've sat in E19 in the GC and Billy was in full view during Dream Ballet.
Fishcake
Small Boy

Post by Fishcake »

I watched from the GC last time I went. I wouldn't choose to do it again, but I loved the different perspective of the big dance numbers. As a 'dance mum' the dancing is one of my favourite parts of the show and I loved the 'overview' the GC gives.
It's the stalls for me in April, a surprise seat for 12 May and front row of the dress circle in June-really looking forward to that as Connie tells me they're the best seats in the house!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Fishcake wrote:front row of the dress circle in June-really looking forward to that as Connie tells me they're the best seats in the house!
I'll have to give front row of the DC try. I also hope that I finally get to see Connie on my next trip in May. I have missed her on my previous 3 trips and in fact have not actually seen her yet :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Fishcake
Small Boy

Post by Fishcake »

I'll have to give front row of the DC try. I also hope that I finally get to see Connie on my next trip in May. I have missed her on my previous 3 trips and in fact have not actually seen her yet

Thank you, I could watch her all day, but then I am a bit biased lol. Hope you enjoy the show when you do get to see her. X

Return to “Reviews - London”