April 2016 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: April 2016 Reviews - London

Post by emcpow »

Yorkie wrote: "we could never have done it without you" was only said by one Billy
Yes, it was just said by Brodie, who was the last of the four Billys to enter the stage in this scene. He had just come through the big red doors at the left of the stage.
trekbikerusa
Audience Member

Post by trekbikerusa »

Here's a Finale video on YouTube by Ryan Cottee that I found. Guess I can post it here. If not, just remove it. Thanks!

EDIT: I have removed the link per our rules. However, I expect people will still be able to find it. Ellen
cindythenurse
Small Boy

Post by cindythenurse »

Saturday April 9th, Last Show

Like others before, I can think of no words that could possibly describe or do justice to the extraordinary events that unfolded on the stage of the VPT on Saturday evening. Just a few memories.

It was so evident that this was no mere procession to say goodbye. This was above all, a full blooded and true performance of the show in all its glory.

The tag team concept was brilliantly conceived for this final performance. The changeovers were dealt with expertly and seamlessly, never interrupting the flow of the performance. There may be a look between the Billies, or a moment of comedy, but it all seemed to fit perfectly. Huge congratulations must go to the production team in deciding how each scene would work, who would do what and when all Billies, Michaels, Debbies and other children would appear together.

From curtain up you knew you were witnessing something very special, a once in a lifetime and never to be repeated experience.

It truly was spellbinding as the intensity grew and grew until that moment came. The farewell scene between Mrs W and the four Billies. Has there ever been a more emotional scene, as Ruthie repeated each boys real name, through floods of tears and cupped each of their faces in her hands, gave a hug and finished that immortal line "are very f*****g special". Somehow she got through the final lines and staggered upstage to the central swing doors. And then, as she left her boys for the last time she gave a final look back. It was agonising.

I echo the sentiments of dancingboy and have no hesitation in saying that I know I shall never witness such a scene again.

And still there was more to come. The Easington Colliery Band adding a meaty brassiness to "Once we were kings". It was all so perfect.

As Dads face lit up for the last time prior to the final descent, Deka stepped forward and placed a hand on Billies shoulder. So subtle, but it conveyed so much. Just as with Ruthie's emotional farewell, it was a goodbye and thank you to all the stars that had come before.

One more joyous finale and then it was over. There are really no words, for once it is so true, you really did have to be there.

Thank you and until we meet again,

yeah, see ya Billy
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the members who have taken the time to write these fantastic reviews. Reading them brings all the emotions running back from that remarkable night. It is something I will never forget.

I am sorry for the delay in posting these photos but the upload speed in my hotel was terrible. Now that I am home I can up load some. I hope you like them.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Fishcake
Small Boy

Post by Fishcake »

Billy Whiz wrote:First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the members who have taken the time to write these fantastic reviews. Reading them brings all the emotions running back from that remarkable night. It is something I will never forget.

I am sorry for the delay in posting these photos but the upload speed in my hotel was terrible. Now that I am home I can up load some. I hope you like them.

These are fabulous.
Thank you :D
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

Great shots Billywhiz. Thanks.....
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Grateful thanks David. Superb pictures.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

"A BIG THANKS" David for your all your photo's over the last 3 months they are so appreciated by us all, So sorry, I didn't have chance to say Ta Ra on Saturday.
I hope to see you sometime at the Tour, saw it Tuesday at Sunderland, its brilliant!!
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Superb set of photos, as usual, David.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Thank you for these photos. They really are appreciated.

Return to “Reviews - London”