New (and not so new) Cast News

Chris
Tall Boy

New (and not so new) Cast News

Post by Chris »

From today's Daily Mail:

Ann Emery, who was in the original stage production of Billy Elliot. She’s returning to the long-running musical once again, playing Billy’s grandmother. Ms Emery joins new cast members Gillian Bevan as ballet teacher Mrs Wilkinson and Deka Walmsley as Billy’s father. The 81-year-old actress took time out of Billy to appear in the sadly short-lived show Betty Blue Eyes. The new company will be at the Victoria Palace from November 14.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New (and not so new) Cast News

Post by porschesrule »

Broadwayworld.com also has news of the cast change and includes news of a new Tony (Michael Peavoy), Mr. Braithwaite (Simon Ray Harvey), and George (Sean Kearns).

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/articl ... T-20111014
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

This is great news! :D

Thanks porchesrule for your article link. Chris, I can't find this Daily Mail article on their website. Would you be able to provide us with a link in order to increase the reliability of the news?
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

The article is on page 59 of today's edition of the Daily Mail, headed ''Watch out for...'' (Baz Bamigboye).

I think I saw the same remarks in an edition of the London Evening Standard earlier this week.
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

Okay, cheers for confirming that :)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's the link from the Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -role.html
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

That's brilliant! Finally some good BETM news! I'm really sorry Betty blue eyes didn't work out but Ann IS grandma and she belongs on the VP stage! Arghhh if only I could be there on Monday 14th Nov......
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
dwallen
Small Boy

Post by dwallen »

Great news about Ann. She told me herself that she was returning to Billy on November 14th at the Stage Door of Betty Blue Eyes after the final performance. Such a pity as Betty was the best show I have seen, after Billy of course! Looking forward to seeing Ann again in Billy very soon. Pity that I won't be able to be there on the 14th.
67 wonderful shows
21 marvellous Billys
Travis, Sam, Layton, Corey, Josh, Hogan, Fox, Brad, Tom, Tanner, Ollie, Dean, Rhys, Scott, Ryan, Josh Baker, Adam, Harris and Kaine, Harrison and Tade
2 First Nights - Ollie and Dean-Charles
8 Last Nights - Layton, Hogan, Brad, Fox, Tom, Ollie, Scott and Dean.
6 Anniversaries - 4th, 5th plus the second 5th Anniversary (May 12th 2010), 6th (March 2011) 7th (May 12th 2012) 8th (May 11th 2013)
1 Gala Night - May 30th 2012 - celebrating 7th Anniversary and 3,000 show.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Here's the link from officiallondontheatre.co.uk http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/ ... ly-Elliot/ which pretty much confirms what we already know. Is it normal that it doesn't mention anything about a new Billy?? I'm pretty sure on Nov 14th it will be one of the current Billys but does that mean that the new one won't start for a while??
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

athadj wrote:Here's the link from officiallondontheatre.co.uk http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/ ... ly-Elliot/ which pretty much confirms what we already know. Is it normal that it doesn't mention anything about a new Billy?? I'm pretty sure on Nov 14th it will be one of the current Billys but does that mean that the new one won't start for a while??
Not necessarily AGT, I am reliably informed by a longstanding Forum member that it is not unusual for a New Billy to start on the first night of a new cast following major cast change.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.

Return to “Cast Leavers & Arrivers - London”