Ballet Girls

Duffman
Audience Member

Re: Ballet Girls

Post by Duffman »

The ballet girls are a really excellent part of the show, they provide a great deal of background humour that makes the show so much fun. I've always thought that if your good at something it's harder to pretend to be naff at it than do it well, so hats off to all the ballet girls past and present. I like that in the finale they get the chance to show that they really can dance, just incase there was any doubt.
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

jen wrote:some do more than 6 months

Yeah a couple of the lot that are leaving/have left this week have been in it for quite a while.
tolle
Audience Member

Post by tolle »

I went to see the show on Friday ,I just want to say, I over heard one of the Ballet Mums saying it was the first night for this team and they have had eight weeks of rehearsals .
You would have nether have known it was there first night,they were all fantastic in there parts . At the end ---wow they are such great dancers which they had been hiding there dancing skills to the end .
The team did seem to be younger than the times before.
I have been wondering are the girls in the dancing dresses our are they the adults ?
Do you know the name of the team on Friday? they were simply fantastic. I should have gone up to the Mum and told her ,so i am doing it here.The ballet girls are such a important part of the show ,but some times get a bit forgotten how hard they work .

I just can not wait to see the show very soon
:D
Clazzimay
Small Boy

Post by Clazzimay »

Yes it is the Ballet Girls in the dancing dresses x
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

In the Broadway production it's all adults in the Dresses, not the ballet girls!
Clazzimay
Small Boy

Post by Clazzimay »

Yes they seem to do a few things differently across the pond, but I`m pretty much sure its the ballet girls :?
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

Ballet girls and a couple of adult cast. :)
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

When Greg Jbara gave us the back stage tour, he did say all the Dresses were adults, but perhaps I misheard him, although I don't think I did :? . The dresses are stored on the 'ceiling' and are lowered down on to the actors. The Broadway production also has a pair of 'pants' (trousers!) in Expressing Yourself, which Michael shouts out to, "you're not meant to be here!".
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I had a backstage tour on Tuesday night. Having seen this thread I made a point of asking who was inside the dresses and was told that it is adult male and female members of the ensemble.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

Billy Whiz wrote:I had a backstage tour on Tuesday night. Having seen this thread I made a point of asking who was inside the dresses and was told that it is adult male and female members of the ensemble.

Hmm. That must have changed a few months ago then. It was still definitely ballet girls a few months ago. ;)

Return to “Cast Leavers & Arrivers - London”