When are you going to see BETM Toronto next?

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: When are you going to see BETM Toronto next?

Post by LiamM »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I don't think you will mind that seat one bit. Be aware this cast will start to recognize you after a few shows. ;)
I saw both shows last Wednesday. During the first show, I was in row AA, three seats in from the ladder. When asked if I was downhearted, I responded in firmly in the negative. I was almost alone at first. George jestured "two" (yes, the palm was out) with a look of disappointment before asking again. In the evening show, I was on row BB, almost centre. When George asked the question, he was looking right at me, as if to say, "it's your line". So yes, they do recognize those who draw attention to themselves!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

LiamM wrote:When George asked the question, he was looking right at me, as if to say, "it's your line". So yes, they do recognize those who draw attention to themselves!
That has been my experience as well, both in Chicago and Toronto. Both Jim Ortlieb (George) and Patrick Mulvey (Tony) tend to let you know with wink or a nod that they are onto you. :P
:/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

TONIGHT!
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
inspired
Tall Boy

Post by inspired »

This weekend for three shows (both Saturday, matinee Sunday)! Can't wait! Hoping to hook up with shimmyshimmy and others at some point.

What was the final consensus from those who were there last weekend: better to pay meals & incidentals in US cash, Canadian $, or did it matter?

Also, I have great seats in AA, CC, & DD. From what I've read here before, does that mean I won't have a very good chance of catching the cast afterward?
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

You can catch the cast if you have a seat on or close to the aisle. As the curtain is coming down for the last time, you need to leave and go up the outside aisles, which will have fewer people in them. If you hesitate to leave or take a moment to gather your things, the aisles will be full. Most people sitting at the front end up being the last to leave and it is often too late by then.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Excellent advice, LiamM...as I attended four weekend shows over a month ago...sitting basically in the middle of rows BB-CC for three performances and missed catching cast members because of being "jammed" in for what seemed like eternity. It also rained like hell for the entire weekend which slowed people exiting. The last show I was on the aisle left center, and bee-lined for the theater's far left aisle as the final curtain came down. I was able to exit the place post-haste. I shall be returning to the Canon the third weekend in August where I booked myself to sit in row AA aisle seats for all four shows. My convenient escapes, I hope, have been well assured, as we both have experienced in the past. Regards, Colin
HugsY2k
Tall Boy

Post by HugsY2k »

Looking as though this weekend will be my last trip to see Toronto's BETM cast. *sigh*

Had planned on being there for closing AND return to NY for Greg Jbara's final performance that same weekend :geek:
BUT then an offer came up that has been beating me up the last few days: an all-expense paid for trip to BAHAMAS thes same timeframe. :o

Seriously, someone shoot me!!!
Broadway/London/US Tour, including Canada
Performances Attended: a number between 150-200 :)
Billys: 32
Michaels: 20

last update: June 2013
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

HugsY2k wrote:Seriously, someone shoot me!!!
It can be arranged :D :D :D

Enjoy your trip to Toronto. I hear you have great seats ;)

A free trip to the Bahamas would have been very difficult to turn down.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Rich B I will be joining you Aug 12-13. :D I didn't get quite as good seats as you but they are still pretty nice.

fri 8/12 eve FF-42
sat 8/13 mat DD-20
sat 8/13 eve DD-40
:/
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

shimmyshimmy wrote:
CJ-Rochester wrote:Rich B I will be joining you Aug 12-13. :D I didn't get quite as good seats as you but they are still pretty nice.

fri 8/12 eve FF-42
sat 8/13 mat DD-20
sat 8/13 eve DD-40

And I'm sure I'll see you guys there. I had lunch with Linda today and saw the show. We'll be at tomorrow's also. And oh yeah, I was at last night's..............
Looking forward to it - 3 weeks and counting. :D

Return to “Toronto Archive”