Mirvish Website Says Show Will Close in Toronto - 3-Sep-2011

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mirvish Website Says Show Will Close in Toronto - 3-Sep-2011

Post by porschesrule »

While releasing the additional block of tickets for sale that has been mentioned in recent days, Mirvish Productions has also announced that the final performance of BETM Toronto will take place on September 3, 2011.

http://www.mirvish.com/homepagefeature/ ... oughsummer
Mike
Ballet Girl

Re: Mirvish Website Says Show Will Close in Toronto - 3-Sep-2011

Post by Mike »

shimmyshimmy wrote:Soooooo, They're saying: "Sept. 3 is now scheduled as the final performance in Toronto." ......... I think I'm gonna do my damnedest to nail them down and get a statement that I consider unequivocal. :) Good luck to me!

i may be just dumb, but that statement seems pretty clear to me.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It seems pretty definite to me as well. When they were just selling tickets through July 10, they made no statement at all about it closing then, so I think that announcing September 3 as the closing performance means it will indeed wrap up in Toronto on that date.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Averaging an 80% house? That is good!!!

But everything has to come to an end. After the summer, numbers are bound to drop off as the locals will have seen the show.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

kport wrote:After the summer, numbers are bound to drop off as the locals will have seen the show.
Another factor is, I'm told by someone who works in Toronto theatre, that the summer is a good time for theatre in general in Toronto, boosted by tourist traffic. September is usually a down month there once the tourist traffic dies down and before the new theatre season begins in earnest, so I'm sure that factored into the decision as to when to end it as well.

Return to “Toronto Archive”