Old Vic Confirms Loss For Chicago/Toronto Production

andrewcraig
Tony

Re: Old Vic Confirms Loss For Chicago/Toronto Production

Post by andrewcraig »

Despite the flow of new Billys though the Billy house in the UK, the latest Billy was an import from the US.

Either he is outstanding or there was nothing suitable available, when needed.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

andrewcraig wrote:Despite the flow of new Billys though the Billy house in the UK, the latest Billy was an import from the US.

Either he is outstanding or there was nothing suitable available, when needed.
It is nice to see that the home team can be counted upon to supply the Mother Country with Billys! One observation: that Geordie accent had better be spot on!! The locals will take note.........
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

andrewcraig wrote:Either he is outstanding or there was nothing suitable available, when needed.
Every one of the 70 or so boys chosen to play the role worldwide are outstanding. Otherwise, they would not have been given the job. And I suspect there are British boys in training whose time will come soon enough.
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

johnnyc wrote:
andrewcraig wrote:Either he is outstanding or there was nothing suitable available, when needed.
Every one of the 70 or so boys chosen to play the role worldwide are outstanding. Otherwise, they would not have been given the job. And I suspect there are British boys in training whose time will come soon enough.

I very much doubt that any London lad would be allowed to appear on Broadway in the same way as the new boy from Seattle, in the UK.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I might have thought so, but then they brought in Michael, Dayton and Daniel from Australia. If they can do that, I suspect they could bring in a British Billy. However, the vicissitudes of Equity casting are strange and interesting sometimes.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Pardon me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just came across it and found it to be the first item to sensibly consolidate everything that is going on at the moment:

http://www.theskykid.com/news-random/to ... an-update/

Return to “Toronto Archive”