Tracking Billy Elliot: Broadway - 2011/2012

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tracking Billy Elliot: Broadway - 2011/2012

Post by porschesrule »

A place for tracking the Billy, Michael, Small Boy alternating performers in Billy Elliot the Musical on Broadway for 2011 through the last days of the show in January of 2012.

For the past couple of years, the task of maintaining this thread has been ably undertaken by Forum member clue, who has opted not to continue this time-consuming task in 2011. As I've already been maintaining similiar tracking threads for the US Tours and for Korea, I've been asked to take over the main tracking responsibility for the Broadway and London productions as well.

I'd like to borrow clue's well-written words to describe this particular thread:

"This thread is powered by the Twitter based network of Billy Elliot Board Watchers (http://www.twitter.com/betmny.) However, these are only board postings and do not always guarantee who actually appears at the show. Please, if you've seen the show, please post here (in similar fashion to the traditional methodolgy of the London tracking thread) -- or PM me to confirm what was on the board."

On behalf of all the Forum staff and membership, a hearty THANK YOU, clue for all his tireless efforts in the past.

Lastly, for the sake of consistency with the other tracking threads, I've opted to utilize on this thread the same format used on the Chicago, US National Tour and Seoul tracking threads. The next post will establish that format for those unfamiliar with it.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking Billy Elliot Broadway - 2011

Post by porschesrule »

Please note: As an aid to navigation of this thread, the many less than complete monthly charts (and any of my posts referencing them) have been removed, leaving just one complete chart for each month. Those removals are indicated by "Post Removed".

For those looking for the completed charts for a particular month, they can be found by going to the following indicated page of this thread:

January = p. 2
February = p. 3
March = p. 4
April = p. 5
May = p. 7
June = p. 7
July = p. 8
August = p. 9
September = p. 9
October = p. 11
November = p. 12
December = P. 13

January, 2012 = p. 14
clue
Tall Boy

Post by clue »

Thank you, porschesrule for those kind words and good luck with this thread.

Since I haven't been able to dedicate time to keep this thread updated, this was a good chance for me to step aside.
I'll still be around.
However for now ....
I'd like to give a big thank you to all the volunteers who have in the past and continue to report on the Billy board for every performance so it can be posted
on the BETMNY Twitter page.
Without their continuing help, this thread would be much harder.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

clue wrote:I'd like to give a big thank you to all the volunteers who have in the past and continue to report on the Billy board for every performance so it can be posted
on the BETMNY Twitter page.
Without their continuing help, this thread would be much harder.
I couldn't agree more, clue. The BETMNY twitter volunteers provide a tremendous service to all BETM fans. Much thanks to all of them.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Post Removed.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The next milestone for the Broadway production will be the 1000th performance of the show on the Imperial stage (not including previews). That will occur on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 2:00pm (assuming no cancellations of shows in the meantime for technical or other reasons).

Here's how the calculation is arrived at:

889 = Year end 2010 performances
35 = Jan. performances -- Total as of Jan. 31 = 924
32 = Feb. performances -- Total as of Feb. 28 = 956
37 = Mar. performances -- Total as of Mar. 31 = 993
7 = Apr. performances -- Total as of April 6 = 1000

It is not known at this time if there will be any special celebration planned. We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled for anything coming out of the BETM Broadway company as that date draws closer.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Post Removed.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

My guess is that Sunday evening was dark because of an added performance on Monday evening.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:My guess is that Sunday evening was dark because of an added performance on Monday evening.
There was definitely a show scheduled for Sunday evening. The show on the holiday (Monday, Jan. 17) was accomodated by switching out Wednesday and Monday and making Wednesday the dark day this week.

http://www.gregoryjbara.com/billyelliot ... endar.html
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Forgot to check Greg's site for the schedule. Good idea.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Broadway Archive”