Les Misérables

jdmag44
Michael

Re: Les Misérables

Post by jdmag44 »

Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Production Oct 28-Fabulous Fox Theater, St Louis MO

I have been anxiously awaiting the chance to see this new production. Les Mis is my “second favorite” musical ever. Over the years I have seen it 23 times, the last one being over 19 years ago.

The most obvious difference in this new production is the “look”. No revolving stage no barricade that twists and re-configures itself to form most of the sets. The new sets are spectacular. Towering 2 and 3 story sets with multiple levels and balconies. A new and even better barricade. The new costuming is perfect so much better. Over all it is much “darker” lower lighting levels which gives it a 200 year old look. Real torches, a gigantic run-a-way cart, digital background scenery which is especially effective in the fantastic sewer scene, all add to the “spectacular” that is Les Miserables.

VOICES- Les Mis needs actors with “great - big” singing voices. This cast delivers big time. Peter Lockyer was very good in the lead with a wonderful voice and minus the silly long hair wig. The real surprise for me was Andrew Varela as Javert - “the most magnificent voice I have ever heard” and his acting was as good as it gets. EVERY song that involved the full chorus was incredible producing goose bumps on top of goose bumps .

Don’t miss it
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Les Misérables

Post by ERinVA »

It occurred that there was no place for the above post about the 25th Anniversary Tour of Les Miserables. So there is now a new section for Other Touring Shows in the US and Canada. And here is the inaugural thread for the Les Mis tour.

Please place topics for other US/CA touring productions in this newly created section. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
BillyBob
Small Boy

Post by BillyBob »

Saw this production of Les Mis in Dallas last Christmas. Will be seeing it again next week in Houston. The new sets, lighting and visual effects are amazing. Almost 3D. Don't miss this one. But I agree... Billy is the best musical of all time. But hey.... Les Mis is Les Mis. It's a totally different type of show.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

I'll chime in with all the above sentiments on how great Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour is, having seen it at the Boston Opera House in March. Almost had me buying a ticket right after that Friday night performance for another show in the remaining week, BETM style. I didn't but should have.

Gosh, to think that at one time, I would have considered the 3 times I saw Les Mis at the Imperial Theater "a lot". :lol:

Return to “Discuss Other Touring Shows - US/International”