How much does that touring actor get paid?

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

How much does that touring actor get paid?

Post by ERinVA »

This is a fascinating look at how pay for actors in touring companies is evolving:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... quity-show
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: How much does that touring actor get paid?

Post by accessmenj »

Great post! I was always bummed at how little the actors were paid according to audition publications for the SETA production. Nice to know that they can earn more when the seats are filled. Recently, more seats seem to be filled at BETM venues. Just another reason for us all to attend as frequently as possible.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I must admit that I am quite ignorant when it comes to an actor's salary This article is very interesting. $1.754 does not seem like much for a lead role. Isn't there a difference between what Rich Hebert would make and say a male dancer/policeman/miner in the ensemble ? Do child actors make as much? Would Billy and a Ballet girl get the same?
Does any one know the answer to these questions?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

jdmag44 wrote:I must admit that I am quite ignorant when it comes to an actor's salary This article is very interesting. $1.754 does not seem like much for a lead role. Isn't there a difference between what Rich Hebert would make and say a male dancer/policeman/miner in the ensemble ? Do child actors make as much? Would Billy and a Ballet girl get the same?
Does any one know the answer to these questions?
While I have no idea what any individual actor in the show is paid, I do know from my reading about the SETA contract (and reading the actual contract itself) that each actor, especially the principals, negotiates his/her specific deal with the management company and not everyone necessarily gets the minimum, though I suspect the child actors with little or no prior professional experience would get less. As the article stated, ensemble members can boost their base salaries with such add ons as understudying, taking on the role of dance/fight/acro captains and as assistants to those, etc.

Return to “Discuss Other Touring Shows - US/International”