Casting Call

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Casting Call

Post by porschesrule »

A good sign?? Billy Elliot The Musical Equity Chorus Call / Female Child Dancers

NETworks Presentations, LLC has put out a casting call for BETMUS Tour auditions, to be held in New York, for the roles of Debbie and Ballet Girls. Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2013 at 10 AM.

http://m.playbill.com/jobs/find/job_detail/49220
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Casting Call

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:A good sign??
I'll take it!
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I guess if they are having departures, they need to keep the show fully cast to the end.
However if the tour is ending, you'd think they'd just do their best to keep the existing cast as opposed to training and rehearsing with new members.
So sounds like a good sign.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

This from the casting call:

Ballet Girls: Ensemble characters. Ages 8 – 12, any ethnicity. Maximum height 4’10”. Seeking dancers who sing, with strong tap and good ballet. Some girls may be required to do pointe work. Seeking a variety of sizes, shapes and types, with expressive character and lots of personality, not the traditional ballerina. Especially looking for strong dancers from 4’0” – 4’5”.

Debbie: Principal character. Age 9 – 12, any ethnicity. Maximum height 4’10”. Daughter of Mrs. Wilkinson, Billy’s dance teacher. Outspoken, lumpy, unconsciously funny, no-nonsense, possibly a bit of a bully, surly. Takes ballet class only because her mother is the teacher. Requirements: Strong actor. Good ballet and tap.

I am so proud of BETM for keeping the future open to "all types". If I did not love the show on its own, I would attend and support the show just for this reason.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

accessmenj wrote:This from the casting call:

Ballet Girls: Ensemble characters. Ages 8 – 12, any ethnicity. Maximum height 4’10”. Seeking dancers who sing, with strong tap and good ballet. Some girls may be required to do pointe work. Seeking a variety of sizes, shapes and types, with expressive character and lots of personality, not the traditional ballerina. Especially looking for strong dancers from 4’0” – 4’5”.

Debbie: Principal character. Age 9 – 12, any ethnicity. Maximum height 4’10”. Daughter of Mrs. Wilkinson, Billy’s dance teacher. Outspoken, lumpy, unconsciously funny, no-nonsense, possibly a bit of a bully, surly. Takes ballet class only because her mother is the teacher. Requirements: Strong actor. Good ballet and tap.

I am so proud of BETM for keeping the future open to "all types". If I did not love the show on its own, I would attend and support the show just for this reason.
I agree entirely. And it is true to form: England is one of the most racially diverse nations in the world (although Easington is not)!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7281107.stm
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Earlier this month we posted about the casting call for female child cast members for the tour. Now here's a casting call for the male child cast members:

http://auditionrush.com/a/1xvxBtQp5J#.UPmBLx08B8E
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

A very positive sign indeed, as I can't imagine them needing to replace the current Michaels or Small Boy between now and June.
:/
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

Surely they must be looking for a new Billy(s) too? We knew Mitchell and Drew were in training, but are there any now?
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Well, this casting call only lists Michaels and Small Boys, and there haven't been any tweets or articles about new Billy candidates recently, but if/when something shows up, I'm sure it will get posted on here.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
WebmasterLK
Audience Member

Post by WebmasterLK »

Sounds like a great sign! I'll take it!

Return to “International Tour Archive”