Tickets for Sao Paulo

tzwicky
George

Language problem????

Post by tzwicky »

Perhaps your CC company is not processing the order in Portuguese R$ or the venue is speaking a dialect (there are 314 different variants spoken in the average city block of Sao Paulo) of the primary translated language. Oh, and make sure your currency has a proper visa if it's coming from the US. They're mad sticklers for that in many southern hemisphere locations.

OK, I totally made that up. Nevermind.

tzwicky
Lightman7
Small Boy

Re: Language problem????

Post by Lightman7 »

tzwicky wrote:Perhaps your CC company is not processing the order in Portuguese R$ or the venue is speaking a dialect (there are 314 different variants spoken in the average city block of Sao Paulo) of the primary translated language. Oh, and make sure your currency has a proper visa if it's coming from the US. They're mad sticklers for that in many southern hemisphere locations.
Unfortunately, the CC company says they see no transaction attempts at all - i.e. they theater isn't even trying to process the transaction with them, even though the error message says to contact my CC company!

OK, I totally made that up. Nevermind.

tzwicky
tzwicky
George

Expert answer .....

Post by tzwicky »

My friend, theatre owner Philip Henslowe, tells me how theatre works: "Strangely enough, it all turns out well. ... I don't know [how]. It's a mystery."

It's his go-to excuse.

tzwicky
Lightman7
Small Boy

Re: Tickets for Sao Paulo

Post by Lightman7 »

OK, I have tickets! No, I have no idea how you get the web site to work - I had a friend who lives near Rio get them for me. Yes, I'm nuts for doing this.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, you are. :D But it will be an adventure!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Expert answer .....

Post by kport »

tzwicky wrote:My friend, theatre owner Philip Henslowe, tells me how theatre works: "Strangely enough, it all turns out well. ... I don't know [how]. It's a mystery."

It's his go-to excuse.

tzwicky
Damien Brett (Ensemble/Post Man) implied as much in his Hootenanny song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s5L0kKgOP8
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Lightman7 wrote:OK, I have tickets! No, I have no idea how you get the web site to work - I had a friend who lives near Rio get them for me. Yes, I'm nuts for doing this.
You lucky so-and-so! I was about to send a message to the Pope to see if he could snag a few good tickets for me while over there!

Please, if you can, give us reviews of any shows you see in Brazil. You will have a very attentive audience!
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

kport wrote:
Lightman7 wrote:OK, I have tickets! No, I have no idea how you get the web site to work - I had a friend who lives near Rio get them for me. Yes, I'm nuts for doing this.
You lucky so-and-so! I was about to send a message to the Pope to see if he could snag a few good tickets for me while over there!

Please, if you can, give us reviews of any shows you see in Brazil. You will have a very attentive audience!

I am seeing the final 4 shows on Sat/Sun August 17/18 - I land in Sao Paulo that Saturday morning so it will be interesting. I'll do what I can for reviews, but my prose isn't nearly as eloquent as others here!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Lightman7 wrote:I'll do what I can for reviews, but my prose isn't nearly as eloquent as others here!
Shhhh, don't be silly! Just write whatever, and we'll appreciate it anyway! Don't worry if it's a bit scrumpled! :)

Sean

Return to “International Tour Archive”