2014-15 BETM Tour Cancelled

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: 2014-15 BETM Tour Cancelled

Post by LiamM »

Do tours typically happen after a show has been released to regional theatres? I thought they didn't release to regional theatres until Broadway and national tours were all done with the show.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Great Musicals are never done with touring.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

An announcement on Broadway.com has to be the most reliable source so far:

Key Brand Entertainment, Inc. (KBE) is a producer and distributor of live theater in North America, as well as an e-commerce company focused on theater. KBE was founded in the UK in 2004 by John Gore who is the company's CEO and Owner.

KBE’s key assets include Broadway Across America (BAA), the premier Broadway theater touring organization in North America, six owned/operated theaters in Boston, Baltimore, and Minneapolis; interests in NETworks Presentations and The Booking Group, as well as the e-commerce website Broadway.com.
However, I just got off the phone with the booking office at the performing arts center in Miami; the helpful but puzzled agent didn't seem to know any specifics about the upcoming season or BETM, but said the details about future bookings will come out in March. In other words, they are not confirming the lineup of musicals, or booking any tickets yet.
tzwicky
George

And, now it's gone .........

Post by tzwicky »

BETM's appearance and inclusion in the just-launched season of Broadway musicals at Miami's massive PAC, which had till a few days ago included BETM, is now missing BETM from the same website where it was last week.

Kinda expected this, but it would be nice if the disappearance was a web-fluke and BETM showed up in Miami later in the season. At the moment the Miami season is only indicating the front of the season and 3 shows though it was about 6-7 shows listed last week. So it could be a glitch on the site.

October in London sounds more likely day by day.

tzwicky
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Those Miami dates are still 'Parked' and indicate the right times for a week's performances, so I can't say for certain it has been canceled, although the notice for group bookings has been removed.

I have second hand info from someone with some inside knowledge that a tour has been under consideration but is not as yet confirmed - it would depend upon interest from enough viable venues. The problem is that every day that passes reduces any chance of a tour this year. Regionals seem to be more viable. Take that with a pinch of salt, as I cannot back it up with anything official.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Given the news about MTI's acquisition of the rights to BETM, and the disappearance of the show on the schedules for Wichita and Dayton, I have moved the threads for those two cities to the International Tour Archive, and relocated Raleigh back to the Regional Productions section.

As always, if something changes, I'll do my best to put things where they belong.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Have you had any reply from Raleigh to your email, Ellen?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

No, I haven't. But as I posted a couple of days ago, the production is still on their schedule for 2015.

http://www.nctheatre.com/2015-shows
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

It may just be that the MTI announcement wanted to stress the first two regional productions this summer and, as the Raleigh production isn't until December, they may be waiting to announce that further regional productions of BETM will take place in the Fall and early winter months of this year. Let's hope that's the case.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The national tour of the 2008 Tony Award-winning Broadway musical “Billy Elliot” has been canceled and will be replaced in Wichita by the national tour of the award-winning Chicago.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/07/333126 ... rylink=cpy

Return to “International Tour Archive”