Billy on ITV news-New Debbie???

athadj
Miner

Billy on ITV news-New Debbie???

Post by athadj »

This was posted this morning on the public BETM facebook page. I have not been able to see it as I'm out of the UK but looks like there's a new Debbie around??? Would love to hear more details from someone who can actually see it.
http://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotMusical
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
KeefyM
Michael

Re: Billy on ITV news-New Debbie???

Post by KeefyM »

Hi Athina

Unfortunately, it does seem ITV - especially regional ITV doesn't allow you to view content unless you are in the UK as it seems that it is the same problem with ITV as with Demand 5 (Channel 5) where UK only IP restrictions apply to all VOD services on ITV and therefore nobody outside the UK can view it. So unless someone can work their magic and convert it to a youtube or some other form of video that those outside the UK can see, (as I haven't got a clue how to do this) then i'm afraid it is restricted to UK viewing only.

Here is the link to the programme anyway, for those that are able to watch it.
http://www.itv.com/tynetees/fullprogramme/

The programme is North East Tonight, the regional news for the Tyne Tees region of ITV and was broadcast on Thursday 12th Jan 2012.

I have watched the item - the whole item starts at 22:03 minutes and lasts until 24:47 including the presenters mentioning at the end of the item that any aspiring Debbie's or Billy Elliot's should get themselves along to the open auditions in Newcastle this weekend and for more details of the auditions to go to the ITV Border or Tynes Tees websites.

The new Debbie is
Dayna Chapman Dixon, she is 9 years old, and starts playing Debbie at the VP in February.

The interview is part of a news item about local north east school, Benton Dene Primary School in Longbenton, Newcastle being one of 50 schools across the UK to be given an accreditation for its creativity after the school put on it is own Art and Creative Exhibition after the Turner Prize came to the Baltic Arts Centre in Gateshead last year and how two of its pupils – Joel and Dayna are using their creative talent in artwork and musical theatre and are now heading down to London.

The piece starts about a young lad (8 year old Joel Steel) from the school with a talent for art (and who paints with a toothbrush) and how his picture of Monkeys (and called 'Monkey 2011') is one of 20 entries from children around the world shortlisted for the Saatchi Art Prize for Schools Competition.

His picture will go on display in the Saatchi Art Gallery in London from next week with a chance of winning the first prize of £12,000.

It then goes on to expain that it is the schools commitment to creativity that has helped 9 year old Dayna (starts at 23:55 minutes) in preparing to take the stage in the West End Production of Billy Elliot, while showing a short VT of Dayna dancing.

It then cuts to Dayna’s interview with Dayna explaining the part of Debbie to the interviewer and ending with her saying that “Debbie fancies Billy”

Dayna says
“The role is Debbie Wilkinson, she is the dance teachers daughter, and, eh, a rule is that she doesn’t really want to come to these ballet lessons, but she has to because her mam teaches them, and then there’s a boy called Billy and he comes and Debbie fancies him.” (and laughs after she says this about Debbie fancying Billy).

It then cuts back to the very short footage of Dayna dancing with the voice-over saying that “Dayna will tread the boards for 6 months starting in February".

The item ends with a split screen of footage of Dayna dancing and Joel painting, with the voice-over saying that “both will be making a name for themselves in the big smoke”.

Cheers
Keefy
:D
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the run down Keef!. It would be good if someone can help those of us outside the UK see it :?:
Cheers

Brad
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Thanks Keith for all the info. Would love to see it if someone can put it on you tube (hey what do you mean you haven't got a clue how to do it, thought you have studyed computer science at uni :lol: just kidding of course Keefy)
So there is a new Debbie and she too is 9 years old. Why do they keep chosing them so young I wonder? Oh well, would love to see her, most probably will when I'm back in London at the end of February :D
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

athadj wrote:Thanks Keith for all the info. Would love to see it if someone can put it on you tube (hey what do you mean you haven't got a clue how to do it, thought you have studyed computer science at uni :lol: just kidding of course Keefy)
So there is a new Debbie and she too is 9 years old. Why do they keep chosing them so young I wonder? Oh well, would love to see her, most probably will when I'm back in London at the end of February :D

I didn't say that I actually learned anything about Computing Science at Uni though (haha) ;)

Looking forward to seeing you in February AGT and hopefully someone on here who actually paid attention in Computing Science will be able to produce a video for everyone outside of ye olde UK to see.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Here is a Youtube video of the part of North East Tonight featuring Dayna.

Thanks to Paul Reynolds for the link, hope it works for everyone!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=degA8VCEPdw
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

KeefyM wrote:Hi Athina

Unfortunately, it does seem ITV - especially regional ITV doesn't allow you to view content unless you are in the UK as it seems that it is the same problem with ITV as with Demand 5 (Channel 5) where UK only IP restrictions apply to all VOD services on ITV and therefore nobody outside the UK can view it. So unless someone can work their magic and convert it to a youtube or some other form of video that those outside the UK can see, (as I haven't got a clue how to do this) then i'm afraid it is restricted to UK viewing only.

Here is the link to the programme anyway, for those that are able to watch it.
http://www.itv.com/tynetees/fullprogramme/

The programme is North East Tonight, the regional news for the Tyne Tees region of ITV and was broadcast on Thursday 12th Jan 2012.

I have watched the item - the whole item starts at 22:03 minutes and lasts until 24:47 including the presenters mentioning at the end of the item that any aspiring Debbie's or Billy Elliot's should get themselves along to the open auditions in Newcastle this weekend and for more details of the auditions to go to the ITV Border or Tynes Tees websites.

The new Debbie is
Dayna Chapman Dixon, she is 9 years old, and starts playing Debbie at the VP in February.

The interview is part of a news item about local north east school, Benton Dene Primary School in Longbenton, Newcastle being one of 50 schools across the UK to be given an accreditation for its creativity after the school put on it is own Art and Creative Exhibition after the Turner Prize came to the Baltic Arts Centre in Gateshead last year and how two of its pupils – Joel and Dayna are using their creative talent in artwork and musical theatre and are now heading down to London.

The piece starts about a young lad (8 year old Joel Steel) from the school with a talent for art (and who paints with a toothbrush) and how his picture of Monkeys (and called 'Monkey 2011') is one of 20 entries from children around the world shortlisted for the Saatchi Art Prize for Schools Competition.

His picture will go on display in the Saatchi Art Gallery in London from next week with a chance of winning the first prize of £12,000.

It then goes on to expain that it is the schools commitment to creativity that has helped 9 year old Dayna (starts at 23:55 minutes) in preparing to take the stage in the West End Production of Billy Elliot, while showing a short VT of Dayna dancing.

It then cuts to Dayna’s interview with Dayna explaining the part of Debbie to the interviewer and ending with her saying that “Debbie fancies Billy”

Dayna says
“The role is Debbie Wilkinson, she is the dance teachers daughter, and, eh, a rule is that she doesn’t really want to come to these ballet lessons, but she has to because her mam teaches them, and then there’s a boy called Billy and he comes and Debbie fancies him.” (and laughs after she says this about Debbie fancying Billy).

It then cuts back to the very short footage of Dayna dancing with the voice-over saying that “Dayna will tread the boards for 6 months starting in February".

The item ends with a split screen of footage of Dayna dancing and Joel painting, with the voice-over saying that “both will be making a name for themselves in the big smoke”.

Cheers
Keefy
:D
There are ways through proxy IPs.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The interview with Dayna has been posted on youtube, and the link is now in this thread right above your post.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Publicity - London”