New Billy posters

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

New Billy posters

Post by patc »

There are some new posters in London (including one very prominently placed at the entrance to the Tube station at Heathrow) which have the 2013 Olivier Audience Award captioned. It is great to see that, in these new posters, they have reverted to the original depiction of a proper Billy and not that offensive and very poorly photo-shopped denim-clad delinquent that was delivered when the US version came about. It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: New Billy posters

Post by Billy Whiz »

That's good to hear. These must have just gone up in the past few days as some of us were only discussing last weekend that there were no posters anywhere advertising BETM.
patc wrote:It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.

Pat
I totally agree.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Noticed a fair size one at Kings Cross St Pancras Tube station, going towards Kings Cross main line,its the programme Angry Dance Style.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I too noticed the lack of any posters or leaflets at the West End displays at Terminal 3; I am glad they have been returned - with a better photo!

(Who is the Billy currently on the poster outside the VPT?)
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

patc wrote:It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.
I agree! It's horrible! Awful! Please take it down and ship it off to America!

PM me for my address. :D
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Well thank goodness for that. That other stupid charicature is so unrepresentative of what the show is all about, and I agree, the sooner it is dumped and replaced the better.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

kport wrote:I too noticed the lack of any posters or leaflets at the West End displays at Terminal 3; I am glad they have been returned - with a better photo!

Do you mean on the Marquee? That is George Maguire's head photoshopped onto a older teen body. But the "new" old poster with the younger Billy is also George Maguire's head (obviously a different shot) photoshopped onto a young boy's body.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

A photo would be nice .......

Post by tzwicky »

Until this corrected and approved image (from what has been posted so far) propagates around the world, it would be nice if some Londoner or even a tatty tourist such as myself (which I will be once again in October) would grab an image and post it here in the most obvious place.

Pretty Please??

tzwicky
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:
kport wrote:I too noticed the lack of any posters or leaflets at the West End displays at Terminal 3; I am glad they have been returned - with a better photo!

Do you mean on the Marquee? That is George Maguire's head photoshopped onto a older teen body. But the "new" old poster with the younger Billy is also George Maguire's head (obviously a different shot) photoshopped onto a young boy's body.
Ah, thanks. A couple of FrankenBillys!
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

All this talk of new posters and no one has thought to take pictures and show those of us in the colonies what you are talking about :cry: :? :D
Cheers

Brad

Return to “Publicity - London”