Happy Trails to the Tour

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Trails to the Tour

Post by ERinVA »

Well, the day has arrived to say Happy Trails to everyone connected with the International Tour of Billy Elliot the Musical. Those of us who love this show and have followed this tour from its beginning on October 30, 2010, in Durham, NC, are very sad, but also so very thankful for all the times we got to see this wonderful show all around the US, Canada, and Brazil. Thanks to all the cast, crew, and families who have brought Billy's story to us for almost three years.

Love you forever!

If anyone has messages and stage door photos they would like to share in this thread, please do so. Rather than linking to flickr or some account like that, please post your images directly into this thread so that we can all enjoy them. You can do this with photobucket, imageshack, etc.
Looking forward to seeing some good stage door memories from the tour's itinerary posted here. :D

Ready, set, GO!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Re: Happy Trails to the Tour

Post by jdmag44 »

I CAN'T REALLY EXPLAIN IT...

I first saw Billy Elliot in New York in 2009. I had seen the movie and really liked it. I had been looking forward to seeing the musical. Well I was “blown away” I love Broadway shows and have seen many of them,but this was the most amazing show I had ever seen. It moved me like no other. I laughed and cried and sat in amazement at the most wonderful show I had ever "experienced". I could not believe the talent of the boys who played the role of Billy. Here they were only 13 years old, performing on stage for nearly 3 hours and carrying the lead role on Broadway something that has never happened before or since. So needless to say I was “smitten” . It was more NY shows and Chicago and following the tour whenever it was within driving distance of St Louis.I will be forever grateful to the thousands of people who contributed to this amazing show , I consider it a real privilege to have seen 59 shows and 14 extraordinary boys in the role of Billy. I will be FOREVER GRATEFUL to the thousands of people who were responsible for putting this amazing show together.

LOVE YOU FOREVER
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Jake Kitchen has posted this on his public fan page. I thought it would be fitting to link it in this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Yes, it certainly won't be the same without the show playing here in the U.S. Knowing that it wouldn't last forever, I tried to see it in as many cities as I could (within reason, and budget) which made for a great excuse to travel ! BETM in Dallas ? A good reason to go visit my cousins there and see the show. BETM in Charlotte, NC ? A good reason to visit some friends I hadn't seen in awhile and see the show while I was there. BETM in Des Moines, Iowa ? Only a 3 hour drive from home and a chance to see a city I'd never been to before . . and to see the show while I was there. Well, you get the idea.

Along the way I enjoyed meeting up with folks here on the Forum, and meeting some of the cast and their families. While the show may no longer be playing outside of London, I at least have become familiar with a good number of very talented performers whom I look forward to seeing in other shows. So God willing, I will hopefully get to continue my traveling to Broadway and other U.S. cities to see these cast members in whatever future productions they end up in !

Return to “Special Show Nights - US/CA Tour Archive”