Site Admin

Re: Publicity - Netherlands

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a good collection of photos from the Sing-a-long rehearsal:

https://www.facebook.com/62589632749527 ... =1&theater
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

What a good advert the Sing-a-long was for the show, really enjoyed it, what a great performance from all the lads, so nice and really pleased to see Elliott representing the London show there. So it looks like the ferry from Hull to the Netherlands, a bit too far for me to row.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Zweaplight wrote: This performance made me even more excited for the show. I'm going in December, is there anyone else who booked their tickets already, as well? :)
I haven't bought tickets yet but I'm really considering doing it now! I'm so impressed by those boys! Look at their dancing :o
When I saw the video clip about the Billy sCool I thought they will be okay but they are awesome! And some very good singers, too.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

I am really glad :D I already booked for November. Now I see that was a good idea! Depending on airfares available I might go again or maybe book more shows in that week I'll be there. :D
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Post by Zweaplight »

I booked tickets for the end of December since I don't have the time to go before then. I'm really looking forward to it, specially after their performance at the Uitmarkt.

The shows in November before the 30th, aren't they some kind of try-outs?
Lukas
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

Zweaplight wrote:I booked tickets for the end of December since I don't have the time to go before then. I'm really looking forward to it, specially after their performance at the Uitmarkt.

The shows in November before the 30th, aren't they some kind of try-outs?

I suppose you mean previews and yes they are.
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Post by Zweaplight »

The Billys appear in this backstage video of the Sing-a-long, they are asked a few questions as well.. http://youtu.be/q2gTPD3O7nQ?t=45s
Lukas
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

DenP
Small Boy

Post by DenP »

As promised the link to our photoseries of last week's performance: http://www.musicalnieuws.nl/album/cat/358

And the translation of the accompanying text:

"Almost 10 years after Billy Elliot the Musical opened in London the show will finally be coming to the Netherlands. The moment the 6 Dutch Billys appear on stage at the Museumplein for their rehearsals the expectations of the spectators are therefor high. Ellliott Hanna, who made his West End debut as youngest Billy ever in July of last year, came over from London for this special occasion to join the Dutch Billys. When rehearsals start and 7 Billys start dancing on stage my thoughts go back to March 31 2010, when at the fifth anniversary show of Billy Elliot 18 Billys and 4 Michaels set the Victoria Palace Theatre on fire. At the live broadcast of the Musical Sing-a-Long Carlos, Jillis, Roan, Stijn, Svenno, Tydo and Elliott show the Museumplein and the Netherlands what it is that, among other things, makes Billy Elliot the Musical so special. It perfectly fits the theme of this year’s Uitmarkt: “Talent grows!”.

Billy Elliot the Musical tells the story of the miner’s son Billy, who prefers dancing over boxing. With the help of Mrs. Wilkinson, his ballet teacher, he succeeds in breaking through stereotypes and chasing his dreams. The first preview of Billy Elliot the Musical is planned for November 4, at the AFAS Circustheater in Scheveningen. Press night is scheduled for November 30.

The best ‘Billy-moment’ at the Uitmarkt was not shown on tv. While the orchestra and all other performers were having dinner and even the crowd at the Museumplein sat down to have a break all Billys stayed on stage to go through all details once again and to continue practicing. The eagerness and willingness to learn and their drive was remarkable and so good to see. It was the same drive I saw a day before during the rehearsals of Cinema Symphonica, when professional ballet dancers were going through their performance.

With their Musical Sing-a-Long performance the Billys presented themselves in the best way possible."
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

This was tweeted by @BillyElliotNL https://twitter.com/nlbillyelliot/statu ... 9915867136
Here is the google translation
From tomorrow we place each day an exclusive video of our cast members on social media!

Return to “Netherlands Archive”