The Book of Mormon

Chat about other shows here
Wowzell
Tall Boy

The Book of Mormon

Post by Wowzell »

Creators of South Park Matt Stone and Trey Parker teamed up several years ago to write the comedy musical The Book of Mormon - a musical telling the story of two young Morman Missionaries who get sent to a remote village in Northern Uganda. It recieved wonderful reviews when it opened on Broadway in March of last year (other productions have since opened in Chicago and embarked on a US tour!), and tickets recently went on sale for the upcoming West End production, opening with previews on 25th February 2013 at the Prince of Wales theatre.

Cast details are yet to be announced.

I would highly recommend seeing it, as it's rumoured to be a fantastic show. For now, I'd suggest listening to the Broadway Cast Recording, which gives a good feel of the overall show and also broke many records, becoming the fastest and best selling Broadway album in over four decades!

Official website: http://www.bookofmormonlondon.com/home.php
London: Harris x2, Adam x1, Kaine x1.

'In everything you do, always be yourself... and you always will be true'
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Book of Mormon

Post by kport »

Wowzell wrote:Creators of South Park Matt Stone and Trey Parker teamed up several years ago to write the comedy musical The Book of Mormon - a musical telling the story of two young Morman Missionaries who get sent to a remote village in Northern Uganda. It recieved wonderful reviews when it opened on Broadway in March of last year (other productions have since opened in Chicago and embarked on a US tour!), and tickets recently went on sale for the upcoming West End production, opening with previews on 25th February 2013 at the Prince of Wales theatre.

Cast details are yet to be announced.

I would highly recommend seeing it, as it's rumoured to be a fantastic show. For now, I'd suggest listening to the Broadway Cast Recording, which gives a good feel of the overall show and also broke many records, becoming the fastest and best selling Broadway album in over four decades!

Official website: http://www.bookofmormonlondon.com/home.php
It is a great show, although not entirely 'pc'. As one would expect from the South Park team.

I will say no more than this: in terms of Broadway talent, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are similar to Tim MInchin. I will leave it to the more adventurous to work out what I mean. Both 'upset' the status quo. And provide wonderful entertainment for the rest of us!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Judging by this thread only one forum member his seen this musical. I have tickets for next week and was wondering if any of you have seen it and if so, what you thought.

Joe
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

jdmag44 wrote:Judging by this thread only one forum member his seen this musical. I have tickets for next week and was wondering if any of you have seen it and if so, what you thought.

Joe
Joe, this is the thread for the UK version of the show. We also have a Broadway thread for the show here:
http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =33&t=2582

I loved it, and my review (though brief) is over on that thread. Feel free to PM me anytime for questions/concerns!

Sean
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Thanks Sean

Good reviews. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Joe
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I'm sure you'll love it! You'll see very early on why it won so many awards and why it's such a greatly loved and much lauded show!!!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

angelenroute wrote:I'm sure you'll love it! You'll see very early on why it won so many awards and why it's such a greatly loved and much lauded show!!!
I totally agree! It is clever in the extreme.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Saw it in Chicago last week...sold out Bank of America Theater for a matinee performance...a slickly produced show...loaded with much humorous satire as well as some great musical numbers. Young group of missionary boys all had first class singing voices which complemented the show from start to finish. Outstanding cast of African-American actors and voices representing Uganda community targeted by Mormon missionary group's zeal for conversion.

Show is energetic...very strong language used at certain points...nothing more than I suppose we've become use to over time. Between you, me, and the fence post, went to see the show in person to experience what all the talk was about...found it indeed entertaining, but can find no particular reason to see it a second time around. Just a personal point of view, of course.

Colin
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Thanks everyone for your response. I am now glad that I made the decision to get tickets. I was not sure at first. As of right now the show is almost sold out for all 16 performances at the Fox, a very large theater.

Joe
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'm really hoping to get tickets for Toronto!!! I have tried in NYC but never had luck.

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”