Re: Les Misérables

Post by accessmenj »

Two that I know have played Gavroche.
MegaBillyfan
George

Post by MegaBillyfan »

And who? I`ve no idea :?:
London: 27 shows (Ryan 2* - my first Billy, Dean, Kaine 4*, Adam, Redmand 4*, Harrison 3*, Harris 2*, Tade 3*, Ali 2*, Matteo, Ollie, Bradley, Nat, Euan - my last Billy)

I can´t really explain it, I haven´t got the words
It´s a feeling that you can´t control ...
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

kport wrote:Here is a little quiz: How many Billys or Michaels have also played Gavroche?
We can probably not be sure of the correct total, since we do not have all the information about Billys and Michaels around the world, like the Michaels in Korea. So it just comes down to memory.

Hopefully, other forum members will add to my list, but I only remember Jake Schwencke and Sam Poon as having played Gavroche in Les Miserables. There must be more, since we are talking about around one hundred boys.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

One of my students at school this year has been cast as Gavroche in the production which will be playing here in the Kansas City area in November. Having only seen "Les Miserables" once - and that was about 10 years ago - I'm not very familiar with the show. How big of a part is Gavroche ? And does he have very many lines or any solos ?
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Todd wrote:One of my students at school this year has been cast as Gavroche in the production which will be playing here in Kansas City in December (at the same theatre where "Billy Elliot" played when it stopped here on its U.S. tour this past January). Having only seen "Les Miserables" once - and that was about 10 years ago - I'm not very familiar with the show. How big of a part is Gavroche ? And does he have very many lines or any solos ?
Oh my yes some very notable solos.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Todd wrote:One of my students at school this year has been cast as Gavroche in the production which will be playing here in Kansas City in December (at the same theatre where "Billy Elliot" played when it stopped here on its U.S. tour this past January). Having only seen "Les Miserables" once - and that was about 10 years ago - I'm not very familiar with the show. How big of a part is Gavroche ? And does he have very many lines or any solos ?
'Look Down People', 'Little People', 'Drink with Me' and 'Do You Hear the People Sing' feature solos by Gavroche. Probably the most moving scene is his death scene (Little People reprise). There are many examples on Youtube, including some really excellent school productions.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

FYI, Sam Poon played the role of Gavroche in the Les Mis tour before moving to BETM last year. Sam's website has a link to this video from one of his performances. The quality isn't too good, but you can hear him singing at 0:21-40 seconds as well as a few times later in the number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 9kn0fnsr6Q

Also, there is a Les Mis thread in the tour section of the forum, which might be more appropriate than in the UK section.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Indeed, there is a Les Miserables thread in the Tour section under Discuss Other Touring Shows.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

There have been a number of High School productions of Les Mis in recent years. I have never seen one and I can't imagine a group of High school kids pulling it off. I though it could not be anything but "dreadful" It seems I am wrong. There is a video on you tube of the full production done at RGS High,Wycombe,England. I could not believe the quality of the production It is GREAT

Here is a review well worth reading

http://ramblings-janeite.blogspot.com/2 ... eview.html

Here is the link to the video also well worth viewing

http://youtu.be/qis52CMtM1Y

Joe

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”