Coming to Norway!

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Coming to Norway!

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:I have now created individual threads in the cast section.
Thank you, Ellen!
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

ERinVA wrote:Could someone please provide a translation? My translator won't work for that page. :(
-"I hope he knows what he's going to get into"-

For over 30 years Hilde Lyrån has taken miscellanous stages by storm - and was 'checked-in' at "Hotel Cæsar" (Norwegian soap) for the last 3 years in the role of Monica Nyman.

When "Billy Elliot" is beeing staged this autumn as the big family musical of the year, she will play the role of the dance teacher who discovers Billy.

-Hard jobbing
She already discovered her son's talent. Last year he played in "Oliver Twist" at "Oslo Nye Teater" http://www.oslonye.no and now he will play the role of Tall Boy - alongside with mummy.

-I tied myself down. I'm gonna be an actor.
I have always been doing dance and theater, and ever since I was in "Oliver Twist" I have no doubt. That is what I want, says Halvor.

Mummy Hilde did not try to to talk him out of this, but gave some advise (reality-check)

-It is hard jobbing
My 2 kids are growing up with a mum who plays revue, film and theatre. They have always been around and know the ropes. That's hard jobbing and will be an increasingly tough battle for the roles, says Hilde Lyrån.

-I am glad I had my debut 30 years ago, and don't have to start as a young actor these days.
More and more people and first-rate talents swarm out to battle for the roles. Hence I hope you know what you're going to get into, says mummy in a slightly admonishing tone.

But Halvor has made his mind up.

-School comes first
He attends "Hovseter"- Highschool. Even though he has to rehearse and play theatre for half a year, he won't disregard his school- and homework. Producer Karianne Jæger is unambiguous as she explains that school comes above all.

Therefore are there 3 kids for each child role, thus they will rotate in the roles.

-I am shure we shall again have the success we had with "Annie", says Karianne Jæger.

The musical "Billy Elliot" is based on a 14 years old film. The music's from Elton John. The rights to stage "Billy Elliot" off Westend and Broadway have just become available.

"Billy Elliot" the new "Annie"
Many want to stage BETM and Norway is among the first. The industry sector reckons BETM to become as popular as "Annie" - full houses lasting for months

-In Norway "Billy Elliot" is not as popular as "Annie" , but it's going to be a likewise big success, says Hilde Lyrån.

Kevin Haugan will play the title role as Billy. Director is Lars Erik Holter and

responsable for the music is Atle Halstensen.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks, thm. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Elin
Small Boy

Post by Elin »

:mrgreen: Just won tickets to the dress rehearsal. YAY! :mrgreen:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Congratulations! We will be expecting a review. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

When will that dress reahearsal be? I remember reading about it but for some reason I did not try to get a ticket. I'll first arrive in Oslo the day before the opening night around noon.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Was a bit bored last week and thought I might get myself on a train to Norway. Hence here I am. In case anybody cares to see BETM-Oslo this autumn, wondering where to stay - I can recommend the budget-hotel I am staying in. It's the same I booked for september. The standard is way better than London. I am positively surprised. Newly refurbished, neat, clean all rooms with window, free Wifi (password on the booking receipt - no registration odyssee). Small bathroom (not just a box-in-the-room). And almost literally a stone-throw away from the Central Train Station. One more stone-throw and your'e at the theatre(no turns - the street 'skippergata' leads directly to it). http://www.citybox.no

Oslo itself is also worth a visit. Although Google Street View showed me some dull streets - far out!
Some avenues that give a slight Paris - feeling. Shore promenades, stunning views over the fjord, architecture and restaurants, pubs, cafés, brasseries of all kind all over the city - filled with people and life. Not just the cold sober nordic town I was thinking of.

The train ride alone - through forests and lake-landscapes was worth the trip.

The theatre building has a passage with restaurants that has two entrances. The actual theatre entrance lies within the passage.
The central location and the Billy advertising banners must have brought the merry lore to numerous Oslo citizens and visitors already. So I reckon it's gonna be selling fast.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Good information. Thanks, thm. :D
Ellen

Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Scenekvelder Musikal released another short promotional video for Billy Elliot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMNj8_-GX8
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link. That is a nicely done video.
Ellen

Return to “Chat About BETM - Norway (2014/15 Production)”