French Woods Festival 2015

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

French Woods Festival 2015

Post by kport »

French Woods Performing Arts Summer Camp is a summer camp programs in the performing arts, theater, dance, music, circus, magic, rock and roll,visual arts, film and video, sports, tennis, fitness, water sports, skate board, and horseback riding. It caters to children from 7-17 years old. It is located in Hancock, NY.

BETM was its performance of the 2015 summer camp. Here is a complete video, professionally shot, of the performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VtjqYM9aXg

Glad to hear the authentic langauge!
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: French Woods Festival 2015

Post by accessmenj »

This was well done, especially considering that they only had part of the summer to prepare. I have mentioned before how I think that an age appropriate Billy tells the story best. But then again, there is no way a younger Billy could have pulled this off in such a short time.

And this was , by far, the American production with the most profanity. Without the pressure from puritanical regions of the country, the show could be true to the language of the miner's village, and also to the everyday language of the middle and high school actors. The audience around the county who walked out because of the language were living in a fantasy world where kids do not use profanity. This is reality.
Lola
Tall Boy

Re: French Woods Festival 2015

Post by Lola »

I watched the whole thing and was actually amazed by how good it was. Ok, the brass section/music accompaniment was off at times but these are children after all! And I loved all the acting and singing - have you heard that Dad's voice?! So full and rich, amazing! The dancing may not have been outstanding but still very good and the casting was spot-on. Also, like kport and accessmenj said, I was happy to hear the Geordie dialect and the rough language, both are so important to the play!
I congratulate all the people involved, they did great and can be very proud of themselves.

Return to “General Chat About Billy Elliot - North American Regional Productions”