First names already announced

Post by DenP »

The website of Det Ny Teater has announced a couple of names already:

Mrs. Wilkinson: JULIE STEINCKE
Mum: ANNE SUPPLI
Grandma: LANE LIND
Dad: KRISTIAN BOLAND
Elder Billy: MILES HOARE

Ensemble: Henruk Lund, Martin Loft, Jesper Linde, Mark Ageskov, Ingeborg Børch and Cecilie Thiim

http://www.detnyteater.dk/billy-elliot/medvirkende/
angelenroute
Billy

Re: First names already announced

Post by angelenroute »

Cool, thank you! Could you please either edit your post to include the public link for that, or reply and add it as another message? Thank you. :)

Sean
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

If see the cast page for Evita, there are headshots of some actor who also will be in BETM.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the information, thm. I have now set up threads for the cast members announced so far.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

First picture of Billys in training :P
Not yet on the website but in the newsletter I received from the theatre.
There's a box on the page http://www.detnyteater.dk "tilmeld nyhedsbrev". Don't worry, they're not spamming. It's only the 2nd email I got today. O yes and the pic is on their facebooksite too.
There's also an article. I'll translate later today.(Gotta work now :( )

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=8 ... 6&refid=17
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Usually when you get a newsletter by email, there is an option to view it as a webpage. Could you do that and post a link, please, so we can see the picture to which you are referring? Thanks. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=8 ... 6&refid=17
Translation of the picture caption:
In November 2013 The New Theatre established a Billy Elliot School with regards to the training of the boys who shall play the roles of Billy and his friend Michael in BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL. The theatre did so because international experiences indicate that these roles are technically so demanding, a whole year training in advance is required. The training continues until December when the rehearsals start. Denmark's Billy Elliot premiere will be in January 2015.

And here the text from the email I received:

Billy Elliot-skole på Det Ny Teater
Næste sæsons anden forestilling bliver Billy Elliot The Musical, der får danmarkspremiere på Det Ny Teater 22. januar 2015. Billy Elliot, der er baseret på filmen af samme navn og har musik af Elton John, er de seneste 10 års største internationale musicalsucces.

Billy Elliot School at 'Det Ny Teater'
Next seasons second production (after The Beauty and the Beast) will be Billy Elliot The Musical, which will receive its Denmark Premiere at The New Theatre 22 January 2015. Billy Elliot, which is based on the film with same name and music by Elton John, is the last decade's biggest international musical succes.

Rollerne som Billy og hans ven Michael er skrevet til drenge på 9-13 år, der skal spille sammen med forestillingens øvrige 30 voksne medvirkende. Rollen som Billy Elliot er uden sammenligning den teknisk mest krævende børnerolle i en teaterforestilling nogen-
sinde. Billy skal kunne danse ballet, jazz og street dance, steppe, lave akrobatik, spille, synge og ofte mestre flere af disse discipliner på samme tid. Næppe nogen voksen ville kunne honorere alle disse krav. Allerede i november 2013 afholdt teatret en omfattende drenge-audition, fordi international erfaring tilsagde, at rollerne er så krævende, at et helt års forudgående skoling er nødvendig.

The roles for Billy and his friend Michael are written for 9-13 year old boys who shall play along with the musical's 30 remaining adult cast. The role as Billy Elliot is beyond comparison the technically most demanding theater childrole ever since. Billy must be capable of dancing ballet, jazz and street, tap, do acrobatics, play, sing and often master several of these disciplines at a time. Hardly some adult can comply with all of these demands. Already in November the theatre held comprehensive boys-auditions because international experience suggested a whole year's training and schooling in advance to be necessary because the roles are so demanding.

Det Ny Teater har derfor oprettet en Billy Elliot-Skole. Siden november 2013 har de udvalgte drenge fulgt den intensive træning på skolen, der foregår på teatret, hvor de modtager undervisning i dans, sang, drama og akrobatik.

Therefore The New Theatre established a Billy Elliot School. Since November 2013 the chosen boys follow the intensive training at the school that is located at the theatre. They get lessons in dance, singing, dramatic arts and acrobatics.

Musicalen fortæller med varme den hjertegribende historie om drengen Billy, der går til boksning, men drømmer om at danse. Mod alle odds forfølger han sin drøm, og det får stor betydning for ham og sammenholdet i hans familie. Billy Elliot er den mest prisvindende musical nogensinde.

The musical tells with warmth the heart-rending story about the boy Billy who goes to boxing but dreams of dancing. Against all odds he follows his dream and it becomes important to him and the cohesion in his family. Billy Elliot is the most award winning musical ever.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link to the photo, and for the translations, thm. :D
Ellen

Return to “Cast - Denmark”