Post by ERinVA »

Tall boys:

FREDERIK ROSE CHRISTIANSEN
MADS NORVED DUEHOLM
OLIVER SKØTT
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Re: Tall Boys

Post by thm »

Here an article of a local paper about a TB and Billy
http://gribskov.lokalavisen.dk/verdens- ... 29822/2239
Image: Oscar Dietz and Frederik Rose Christiansen have been together since they were very young, and now they tread the boards together. They are both currently playing in the musical Billy Elliot at 'The New Theatre'

The world's best theater friends

Oscar Dietz and Frederik Rose Christiansen have been together since kindergarten. Now, for the first time together on stage in The New Theatre's production of the musical Billy Elliot.

By Jesper Berg

Tisvildeleje: They were both four years when they moved to Tisvildeleje and started simultaneously in the local kindergarten "Sand Castle", where they quickly got together in the "Mussel"-group-room" and became best friends. Now they are 14 years old and even though they went to different classes over the years, they clung together all the way, and it will, according to the boys, continue to be this way. "I do not think there's anything we could quarrel over", says Oscar Dietz and gives his friend a cordial pat on the back

"No, otherwise he'll just get some paddywhack, and then it's past," laughs Frederik Rose Christiansen, who however, must admit it has been a slight bit harder, after Oscar has been a year in intensive training to get ready to play the role of Billy Elliot at 'The New Theatre' for several months ahead. "He's become quite strong, he used to be a small weakling, one might hold down, but now he is so smooth almost like a contortionist, and so it is not so easy," says Frederik, who still believes he is the strongest of the two.

Sent a deputy

While Oscar has been on the boards since he was very small, that is something Frederik discovered only a couple of years ago. "I have been following Oscar and did see how much fun he had, and I've always been playing a lot of music and loved to stand on a stage, and when the opportunity presented itself, I took hold at it," he explains.

"Yes, you were my deputy" Oscar laughs and explains: "I had been asked to come to the audition for 'Far til Fire'(Father of Four - a children's film of which nonstop-annually new episodes are produced) musical in the Tivoli-Garden's Concert Hall, but I was doing a thousand other projects at the time, so I had to opt out. Then Frederik asked me, if I could just send him instead, and then I thought, well...why not, and called the cast operator, who fortunately decided to give Frederik a chance, and he actually came into the production. I think it was cool for him."

image: Billy Elliot (Oscar Dietz) receives a reply from the Royal Ballet School. In that scene you also see Billy's grandmother, (Lane Lind) and his brother and father, who are played respectively by Sebastian Harris and Kristian Boland.

Part of the same world

The experience let Frederik genuinely taste theater-blood, and since then he has starred in Evita at 'The New Theatre', and he has also started to dub cartoons, and has also been starring in the series Gumball. "It was actually a bit the same way. Oscar was supposed to go and dub cartoons, and then I went in and was allowed to make a voice sample, and it was actually leading to getting a role in that cartoon. Todays I dub at several places in Copenhagen. It is not so bad to have a friend who is so busy that I have to do some of his work ", indicates Frederik and his friend Oscar adds

"It's also really nice to have a friend who truly understand what it is you are doing, and when he saw himself becoming part of it, and we go on stage together, it's just amazing. Frederik joined me for example, also on movie sets as an extra when I had to do some really long night scenes for 'Antboy 2'. I think that was insanely sweet of him, it let those days really be much of fun," says Oscar Dietz, who's also starring as Antboy in the popular Antboy film.

image: Frederick Rose Christiansen(l) with a team of ballet girls from the show. He's got both, bowl cuts and 80er clothing, since the story takes place in London during the miner's strike in 1984/1985.

Great dance scenes and wild leaps

Going to audition for the same show, one might imagine would result in jealousy or competition among the two boys, but that is absolutely not the case. "No, we do not experience that at all. Neither do I think there's anything we'd begrudge each other, that's the way it should be of course when you're best friends", states Oscar, which Frederik confirms.

"I don't play such a big role in Billy Elliot like Oscar does, but it doesn't matter because it is still quite a lot of fun to be on stage. When I saw Oscar on stage as Billy Elliot the first time the other day, I didn't sit there thinking, I wish it was me. I just sat and was wildly proud of my good friend, and thought he was totally great and it was fun to hear the crowd going crazy in the auditorium after his great dance scenes, and when he would do these crazy leaps on stage. Oscar has something else in mind with all this here,unlike me and has started much earlier. He has not talked about anything other than being an actor in all the time I've known him. I do this because it's plenty of fun, and because I love everything that has to do with music, but it's not something, I think, I want to be doing as an adult. I actually think rather, I wanna be a policeman or maybe a warden in case I'm not good enough," joked Frederik.

"Yes, you can really be allowed to give people some beating" laughs Oscar and immediately gets a friendly nudge off the chair. "I will actually get to fight a bit on stage with Frederik because he plays this highly annoying ballet brat, I look forward to that," replies Oscar.

Full throttle on stage

Now, a half year of Billy Elliot performances wait ahead of the two theater friends, but it doesn't bother the boys. "No, it's almost too short, this really should last several years like in London" says Frederik, while Oscar is a little more in doubt.

"When I went off stage after the preview, I was completely leached out and could barely move, for I had given it full throttle in every scene and danced, sung, made acrobatics and tapped, and I shall do so every night to come, when I go on stage, for the audience must have a great experience every time. Right now I feel like I wanted to play it every night, cause it is the craziest part on a stage I've ever had, but I think maybe in six months, I might want a break," says Oscar, who already has plans for the time after the last Billy Elliot show will be done. "I first will go to Los Angeles with some work, and then I'll directly come home for filming, so I will not get bored any time soon."

"That sounds good, I'm gonna go with you", Frederik suggests.

"Yes, do it," replied Oscar and sends a high five in Frederik's direction.

Return to “Cast - Denmark”