Kevin Haugan - Billy

thm
Miner

Re: Kevin Haugan - Billy

Post by thm »

porschesrule wrote:From everything I've read, it's my understanding that the child labor laws are pretty rigid with regard to how many hours a month a child can spend on stage.
Sorry, but where do you read child labour laws are rigid in Norway? I learned that in Scandinavia parents 'own' their children and as long as children and parents are consent and work's not getting in the way of education they may work as much as they want.

Then again children have more rights. If a child has problems with its parents or other adults, authorities are taking these very seriously. So never mess with your kid ! But if both, kids and parents want the same thing, all is possible.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

porschesrule wrote:From everything I've read, it's my understanding that the child labor laws are pretty rigid with regard to how many hours a month a child can spend on stage. Thus the need for the three teams of all child cast member roles --- EXCEPT FOR THE MOST STRENUOUS CHILD ROLE OF ALL -- BILLY!!

What am I missing here? How do they get around the law limitations for Kevin?
I think we may be confusing Dutch and Norwegian laws, in this regard, but I am not certain.

The Netherlands is part of the EU, and Norway is not. Hence laws may be quite different. I underline may.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's an interview with Kevin that came out yesterday:

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/teateranmelde ... /23298636/

Google Translation of the Article:

Kevin Haugan (12) was headhunted for the role of Billy Elliot. More than 25,000 have already secured tickets to imagine ingested.
VG follows

Theatre Reviews

- It will be tough and hard work, said Kevin Haugan. - Saturdays are the dual notions, but I get my rest as I can. And the adults around me have been told that I have to make sure to eat enough food, continues the energetic 12-year-old.

The young man knows what he is going to. Since he was a three year old, he danced. This is what happens when one is inherited. The father Freddy Haugan owns Bårdar Academy, our biggest utklekningsanstalt for young musical stars. The mother Hilde is the principal in the same place. Twin sister Nanette is also included in "Billy Elliot" . Everyone knows the story of Billy Elliot knows he encounters fierce resistance of his dance passion with his father and brother; tough guys affected by unemployment in the mining industry in the 70th century England.

- Billy is quite different to me in terms of support from home. His father and brother Billy believes that boys will engage in boxing and football. In their eyes was ballet something gays doing. That's what's not, and I think that the attitude that boys take dance education is quite different now, says Kevin.

His own ambitions are clear. Kevin takes lessons in singing and dancing on Bårdar and hoping that after high school you go to Bårdars line of music and drama. Afterwards he will continue their education abroad.

- I will be the entertainer. I want to be versatile, dance, sing and be an actor, make Kevin.

"Billy Elliot" premieres tonight, and VG reviewer!

- What must you do to get it?

- I should certainly not stop exercising! Do not believe that I am good enough. It is important to continue with the teaching of all the things that make me better. This past year I prepared myself very to play Billy Elliot. I have trained a lot and notice that I have developed myself. I have become stronger, and endure a little more than I did previously, stressing Kevin.

Folk Theatre in Oslo is the first place outside London's West End and Broadway that set up the popular musikalen-

When the production company Stage Evenings would set up "Billy Elliot" was Kevin Haugan they wanted in the demanding role. Kevin is proud of right there. Previously, he participated in the musicals "Pippi Longstocking" and "Oliver." He knows several of his teammates in "Billy Elliot."

Among them are Hilde Lyrån playing Billy skilled and supportive dance teacher Mrs. Wilkinson, and Lyråns son Halvor. The latter played with Kevin in "Oliver." Other Players are Nils Ole Oftebro and Benjamin Helstad role as father and brother.

By day, Kevin is a student at Bekkelaget school in Oslo. - Now, most of the time is spent trying, and eventually performances. But I have time for other things too. Football for example. I play football on Sundays. When I meet buddies and then get good stamina as well, says Kevin.

- How would you describe Billy Elliot?

- He's a guy who quickly becomes irritated, he attacks right away. His mother is dead, and he misses her very much. But it's nice that he sees her alone and she says many nice things to him. It need him because he lives in a tough family, says Kevin Haugan.

Share this article on Facebook 25 Share this article on Twitter
Share on email
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Kevin has posted all the production photos from Norway on his Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130127601 ... 061088909/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:Kevin has posted all the production photos from Norway on his Flickr page:

Amazing photos, thank you for bringing them to our attention! It looks like they did a whole show with the cameraman right there on stage with them. Such a different look to so many scenes and obviously different choreography as well. Would have loved to have seen this production!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Wow, that's a lot. Thanks for the link!

Billy_Elliot_scenefoto_DSC_6187 : That's the scene after the RBS audition. The kids are playing cards at the kitchen table.
Page 2 - Billy_Elliot_scenefoto_DSC_5731 : Unlike London, Mrs.W. is already present when Debbie puts the "..fa**y.."-line. A shame there's no close-up of Mr.W.'s face in that moment :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

angelenroute wrote:It looks like they did a whole show with the cameraman right there on stage with them. Such a different look to so many scenes and obviously different choreography as well. Would have loved to have seen this production!

Sean
I noticed that, too! Some beautiful close-ups we usually don't get to see. Amazing!
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

angelenroute wrote:
porschesrule wrote:Kevin has posted all the production photos from Norway on his Flickr page:

...... It looks like they did a whole show with the cameraman right there on stage with them.....Sean
Not only the year is wrong: 5th nov 2013! Some of the pics have been published at the date of the opening night already. Some little things have changed since then. The pics are sure taken at rehearsals prior to opening night. It would have been a little distracting for the audience with a photographer on the stage!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

thm wrote: The pics are sure taken at rehearsals prior to opening night. It would have been a little distracting for the audience with a photographer on the stage!
They were very probably taken during a dress rehearsal before the show opened.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Kevin performed the lead role of Billy Elliot over 50 times in the 2014/2015 Oslo, Norway production of the musical. Since that time, he’s led a very busy performing life, utilizing his triple threat skills to star in both stage and on screen work. Get the details here in the Life After Billy segment of his profile here:

https://betm.theskykid.com/meet-billy-e ... in-haugan/

Return to “Cast - Norway (2014/15 Production)”