Coming to Iceland

Lola
Tall Boy

Re: Coming to Iceland

Post by Lola »

Billy123 wrote:I can't find the video.
I was talking about that 3-second video of them doing the Billy jump. It's more of a gif, actually...
angelenroute wrote: The camera was probably right there in front of them, so I imagine it was just difficult for them doing the jump while moving forward toward the camera. ;)
That would explain it ;)
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Look at the terrace floor - the edges maybe quite sharp.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Lola wrote:http://www.visir.is/voru-valdir-ur-900- ... 4708299935

Another article about the three boys who were cast as Billy. Not including a translation here because lots of it does not really make sense ;)
Here's a translation or shall we call it '(bad student) essay' :lol:
A few more translations, and I get the hang of icelandic. ;)

Were selected out of a crowd of 900.

"Just because we're going to be ballet dancers doesn't mean we won't stay as cool as we are", says the 13 year old Baldvin Alan Thorarensen. He will along with the 12 year old Sölva Viggóssyni Dýrfjörð and the 12 year old Hirti Viðari Sigurðarsyni (their names are spelt differently - grammar???) play the ballet dancer Billy Elliot in the City Theatre's new production this winter, directed by Bergs þórs Ingólfssonar (Berg Thor Ingolfsson).

"We dedicated the summer to the taut ballet exercises and are (now) decidedly more strong and athletic, this(ballet) is incredibly demanding", says Hjörtur Viðar and laughs. Not only have they learned to dance, but also acting, singing, gymnastics and jazz dance. "They endured it all very well and have considerably improved ," says the director Berg þór.

The boys have in common to come from Ballroom Dance. "The movements in ballet are different. The balancing is different because in Ballroom are two together and in Ballet it's just one," says Baldvin.

Incipiently, there came about 900 boys to audition for playing Billy Elliot. They were filtered three times, but finally six boys were invited to a Billy-summer-school. Yet finally Baldvin, Sölvi and Hjörtur were elected as the People's Theatre's Billys. Chantelle Carey and Elizabeth Grea Allesley are experienced dance teachers ( or: are teaching the major part of the dancing lessons), they both have been working with various musicals in London's West End. The 3 boys will shift performances between them. "We will swap, if any of us falls ill, but this is still quite tough," says Sölvi.

Billy Elliot will premiere in March, but aren't the boys not too nervous to step on the big stage of the City Theatre? "Sure, we're a bit nervous, but we look forward to it anyway and we're really thrilled", says Baldvin and Hjörtur adds: "I dreamed the other night I was playing on the stage and I nearly felt the electricity." They all had been in school plays before.

Billy Elliot is a boxer lad but the boys didn't go to such training yet. "We won't be getting any boxing lessons, since we already got similar experiences", says Baldvin, who reveals to have practiced some martial arts after he did karate. The boys will practice relentlessly forward to the opening night.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

Any info when the ticket sale will start?
---
István
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Early in this thread it was reported that Lee Proud of the original London cast and later resident choreographer for BETM there was at the auditions for the Iceland Billys.

It's now been officially announced that Lee will choregraph the show at the Reykjavik City Theatre:

http://leeproud.co.uk/news/
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

porschesrule wrote:Early in this thread it was reported that Lee Proud of the original London cast and later resident choreographer for BETM there was at the auditions for the Iceland Billys.

It's now been officially announced that Lee will choregraph the show at the Reykjavik City Theatre:

http://leeproud.co.uk/news/
Oh cool!
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

Is there something I'm doing wrong or the ticket sales still hasn't started yet?

---
István
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Darth_Revan wrote:Is there something I'm doing wrong or the ticket sales still hasn't started yet?

You forgot to put on your specs.
Or the pic is blurred :lol:
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

thm wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote: You forgot to put on your specs.
Or the pic is blurred :lol:
It just says the sale starts on 01/01/0001

I just want to know when they start selling the tickets.
---
István
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Just tried to get a ticket. The sale started 1st january over 2 millennia ago :shock: so I assume it's sold out by now :lol: :o :lol: .

https://midi.is/sale/tickets.aspx?s=%2f ... P9QqkqdikK

If you want to see more than one show you can Kaupa áskriftarkort (buy a subscription card)

Frumsýning í byrjun mars 2015 (performances early march 2015)

KAUPA MIÐA (BUY TICKETS)

Frumsýning Stóra Sviðið B (show big auditorium B)

Netsala hefst (online sale will start)

Veldu dagsetningu og fjölda miða(Select the date and number of tickets)

https://m.facebook.com/borgarleikhus/ph ... 3&refid=56

"Þeir koma okkur endalaust á óvart með hæfileikum sínum þessir Billy strákar. "(These Billy lads will unremittingly amaze us with their acting.)

Return to “Chat About Billy Elliot - Iceland”