Chat About Malmö (2016) & Stockholm, Sweden, 02/20-06/11/17

Billy123
Tall Boy

Re: Malmoe & Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Billy123 »

You can now read about Billy Elliot on Malmö operas website. the show is playing from the 13th of February to 3rd of June, 2016, and then it moves to Stockholms city theatre.

The tickets will be released at 9am uk time tomorrow.

http://www.malmoopera.se/forestallningar/billy-elliot
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Here is a rough translation into English:

The musical Billy Elliot, like the film, is a tribute to the arts, as strength and as inspiration to transform life beyond one's wildest dreams. The melodies poured out of Elton John when he was asked to write the music. He saw parallels with his own childhood as a talented working guy with artistic ambitions.

When Billy Elliot, eleven years and motherless, decides to replace boxing gloves with ballet shoes, he has to struggle with the outside world, not to speak of his father, who have stereotypical prejudices about male dancers. At the same time collieries strike, struggling against the employer in the small English town.

A successful Swedish musical team takes on the first Swedish production; director Ronny Danielsson, choreographer Roine Söderlundh and the alternating conductors Joakim Hallin and Joseph Rhedin. Billy Elliot is produced jointly by the Malmö Opera and Culture City Theatre in Stockholm in cooperation with BASE23, where the prima ballerina Anneli Alhanko stands for the young boys training in classical ballet.

AUTHORS

Music: Elton John
Lyrics & Text: Lee Hall
Publisher: Josef Weinberger Ltd.

PRODUCTION TEAM

Translation: Calle Norlén
Set design: Julia Przedmojska
Costume: Annsofi Nyberg
Light: Ellen Ruge
Choreography: Roine Söderlundh
Director: Ronny Danielsson
Conductor and musical processing: Joakim Hallin

ROLLER
Soloists will be announced later

Malmo Opera Chorus & Malmo Operaorkesterr prima ballerina Anneli Alhanko stands for the young boys training in classical ballet.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Tried to book online but the server obviously is overstrained.
First I had to go 'back' several times but landed elsewhere and was required to start manually on their home page. The next few times the server led me astray when clicking continue, thus the seat I chose was not released and I had to pick another. Second best I could register, which is required, but it took the server to long to respond and my seat was not reserved anymore. The last time I paid and entered the 'NETS' security code. The booking should be perfect but the next page told me "html-service unavailable. I tried the phone - no avail. Not knowing whether I booked I wrote an email asking them to reserve the ticket I tried to book. :|

edit: Got an email from the opera they reserved the tickets and I'm going to fetch one tomorrow. :D

Btw. regular tickets are like 62£ but a lot of seats at the sides are cheaper. The cheapest, but to judge from the picture, not so bad seats at the rear both of stalls and balcony are only like less than 8£ :!: :o :D
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

Booked tickets for the opening night!!
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2885546/int ... start=auto
Today is International Dance Day - the dancer Annelie Alhanko and choreographer Roine Söderlund about why you should dance.
Roine Söderlund is the choreographer for Billy Elliot in Malmö and Stockholm.
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

http://www.malmoopera.se/forestallningar/galakvall
Samples from SEASON 2015/16
On May 21, Malmö Opera gives you a big gala evening, when the coming season is the focus.
Bengt Hall welcomes everyone and then there will be a cavalcade of goodies from Top Hat, Eugene Onegin, The Arabian Nights, Billy Elliot, A Masked Ball, Pelléas et Mélisande, Don G (iovanni) and My Fair Lady. Our skilled head dramaturge Stefan Johansson will, as usual, to tell us more about what takes place on the main stage. The evening ends with the Summer Psalm.

Welcome!
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

That's 8 show bits within 80 mins. 10 minutes each. Maybe. A shame it's not happening in the weekend. I'd have to go there with my workwear. New safety shoes that are a bit too small. :x
What if the director just talks a little about it? Not shure yet if I go. :?
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

Here's a video of one of the potential Billys, Adrian Macéus singing Electricity (elektriskt) in Swedish.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9j1Ac4UUd0
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

An interesting article about Rasmus Mononen (Tony) and Marianne Mörck (grandma)

http://www.expressen.se/kvp/noje/rasmus ... ly-elliot/
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

Billy: NN
Michael: NN
Debbie: NN
Dad: Lars Väringer
Mrs. Wilkinsson: Åsa Fång
Grandma Edna: Marianne Mörck
Tony Elliot: Rasmus Mononen