Bjarni Kristbjörnsson - Michael and Billy

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bjarni Kristbjörnsson - Michael and Billy

Post by porschesrule »

Bjarni Kristbjörnsson will alternate the role of Michael.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Re: Bjarni Kristbjörnsson - Michael

Post by Darth_Revan »

And he's also playing Billy now.
---
István
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Darth_Revan wrote:And he's also playing Billy now.
Link for the source of this information?
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

porschesrule wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote:And he's also playing Billy now.
Link for the source of this information?
http://www.visir.is/fjordi-billy-elliot ... 5150828900

https://www.facebook.com/borgarleikhus?fref=nf

Sorry, I put the link in another thread already, I just did not want to repeat myself :)
---
István
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks! Good story!
thm
Miner

Re: Bjarni Kristbjörnsson - Michael and Billy

Post by thm »

On saturday 28 november Bjarni had his first night as Billy.

https://instagram.com/p/-rCPXXv_gR/
It says: Last night Bjarni Kristbjörnsson debutet as Billy Elliot. He was great! Here you can see him before the show with the director.

https://facebook.com/borgarleikhus/phot ... 1&__tn__=E
ItsaCat
Audience Member

Post by ItsaCat »

I went to Iceland at the weekend, using Billy Elliot as an excuse to visit, and saw Hjörtur on Friday 15th Jan and Bjarni on Saturday 16th Jan.

Bjarni was excellent!

Extract from my review of my trip:

"I then made my way back to the hotel and after a short nap walked up to the theatre again. This time I had a seat in the third row, almost in the centre, which gave me a fantastic view of the performers. Tonight, as had been promised by Lee, the role of Billy was played by Bjarni, who had previously played the role of Michael before switching to play Billy in November. Well, he was fantastic! His dancing was excellent, especially considering all of the boys essentially had to be taught to dance from scratch by the lady I met yesterday, it was truly remarkable. He was a little less flamboyant than the Hjörtur in scenes like the boxing one, but overall he seemed to fit the role of Billy very well. I enjoyed his performance of the dresses scene with Michael, and he was very expressive in general. His tap skills were also excellent. His angry dance was fantastic, and comparable to a good show in London.

The interval passed without incident and in the second half I found myself utterly captivated by Bjarni's performance. The scene where he dances with his future self was astounding and had the audience applauding loudly. His performance in electricity was also superb and the look of joy on his face at the end of the routine as he stood there while the audience wildly applauded was a pleasure to behold. He quite deservedly got a standing ovation at the end of the show and I very much hope, after Billy Elliot closes in Iceland, he will get further opportunities for his talent."
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I note that the above review is your first post on the Forum ItsaCat. Welcome and thank you for posting. We don't get a lot of reviews from some of the other European countries and fewer still from Iceland. So I read your comments with great interest.

Your comments about Bjarni's dancing I found of particular interest as he is one of the original Michael's with the Iceland production. That he has strong tap skills, therefore, is not surprising, as the Michaels primarily use that dance skill in the show.

I hope you'll post frequently in the future. It's always more fun being a member of the Forum when you actively participate and interact with other members.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Return to “Cast - Iceland”