Ryan Collinson, a new *Wikipedia* article

Theater Buff14
Audience Member

Ryan Collinson, a new *Wikipedia* article

Post by Theater Buff14 »

I recently saw a You Tube video of Ryan Collinson performing “Electricity” on a television show promoting the musical during his run in the title role. I was very impressed with his performance so I went to Wikipedia, hopefully to read something about him. To my astonishment, no one had as yet thought to write an article about this most talented young performer despite there being articles for several other young actors who have had the part on Broadway or the West End. (What’s wrong with his young fans?! Did you think he’d be so immodest as to write one himself or ask someone else to?)

Right now, the article is just what is referred to as a stub (a bare bones article) because of Ryan’s youth and the limited information I had available on which to base it. So if any are interested in reading it and perhaps enhancing it by adding information, here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Collinson

If anyone has any helpful information he or she might want to add, please remember that Wikipedia is intended to be a serious encyclopedia and not People Magazine. Please do not add personal, trivial or silly things like, “Ryan enjoys vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup,” or “Ryan is currently dating [whomever] from school.” For starters, I had to guess at his year of birth (1998). If that is correct (or not) and if anyone knows his exact birth date, please either make an edit to the article (if you know how) or tell me here and I’ll do it.

Most of all, please try to concentrate on professional accomplishments, such as whether he is currently performing anywhere, especially as time goes on. I am confident that this article will grow through the years with this most talented young man as his resume of professional entertainment accomplishments builds.

Thanks.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ryan Collinson, a new *Wikipedia* article

Post by ERinVA »

Hello Theater Buff14 and welcome to the forum.

Ryan has an active fan group on facebook, and of course we follow information about him on here as well. Trust us, he is not forgotten. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Theater Buff14, Ryan's birthdate is 20th August 1998, but I don't know how to edit the Wikipedia article. As ERinVA said, Ryan has certainly not been forgotten!
Theater Buff14
Audience Member

Post by Theater Buff14 »

Dancer, thanks for the information regarding Ryan’s date of birth. It’s most appreciated. I’ve made the edit.

Admin., thanks much for the welcome! That too is appreciated. I’m an amateur writer (with just internet credits), which is my first love. I do, however, greatly appreciate theater. I’ve edited numerous Wikipedia articles but had never created an article, so I welcomed the opportunity when I saw Ryan on You Tube and discovered that he didn't have one thus far.

I take satisfaction in having created this because it is on such a young subject with an apparent bright future should Ryan decide to make a career in entertainment as his choice of schools would seem to indicate he is contemplating as of now. (If he changes his mind one day and decides to become a doctor, lawyer or whatever, then I’d certainly wish him all the best in such a pursuit as well, as I know all would.) Therefore, the article is very likely to grow greatly with time and live on long after I’m gone.

Thanks again!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Have you seen the show? If not, you should certainly do so.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Theater Buff14
Audience Member

Post by Theater Buff14 »

ERinVA wrote:Have you seen the show? If not, you should certainly do so.
Ellen,

Yes, but I haven’t been to London for many years since I was in the Navy. One reason why I think I wouldn’t want to see it again is that after seeing David Bologna as Michael, anyone else would inevitably be a letdown! What a tremendously talented kid! I think the only reason why he didn’t win the Tony was because they didn’t want to give it to yet another kid in the same musical in light of the leads having shared the best leading actor award.

I have one question for you, please. Is this a site started by a fan or fans, or is it sponsored by the producers?

Thanks again.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This site has no connection with any of the Billy Elliot companies. It is entirely fan-based.

I would encourage you to see the show again, either in London, or on the US-Canada tour before it ends. There are spectacularly talented kids performing in both versions. While some of us do have our favorites among the Billys or Michaels (often because they are the ones we saw first), forum members will tell you that even though they may differ in how they play the roles, to a person, all the kids do an absolutely fabulous job every time they are on. You really owe it to yourself to see the show again.
Ellen

rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I would also suggest seeing the show again. While you may be partial to the Billy you saw, you will find that each actor has his own strengths and abilities. The story is the same of course, but the role of Billy varies somewhat with each show.
Each Billy has to go through a long process of auditions, training, and rehearsal, and they are only picked for the role once the producers are confident in their ability to perform the role, so they are all very qualified!
Theater Buff14
Audience Member

Post by Theater Buff14 »

Ellen and Rob,

Perhaps I’ll take your advice if the opportunity arises!

Thanks much.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Theater Buff14 wrote:Yes, but I haven’t been to London for many years since I was in the Navy. One reason why I think I wouldn’t want to see it again is that after seeing David Bologna as Michael, anyone else would inevitably be a letdown!
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way but I find your comment disrespectful to all the other boys that have played Michael. I was fortunate to be in New York when David made his debut and he was terrific but I have seen many other boys in the role on both sides of the Atlantic and they are equally talented.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “London Archive”