2013 BETM Anniversary Show prediction?

tzwicky
George

2013 BETM Anniversary Show prediction?

Post by tzwicky »

OK, so I'm a bad person and don't read the Forum expansively, but have just spent hours looking through pertinent threads (which seemed to head off the rails as to the predicted 2013 Anniversary date itself) so I'll debase myself and ask, just generally, not to nail anyone down to the supposed and possible "exact date" for this year's Anniversary Show, but I'd be interested what the various predicted dates are in 2013 as to when this year's "special" (well, any date where my butt is sat in the VPT is a very special night for me) show might be.

This seemed a likely way to get a date, even though I nearly never start a thread for anything. But I didn't see an answer anywhere else, unless I missed it, so when might the 2013 Anniversary Show for BETM happen?

Debasement complete. Anyone? Ideas? Posits? Assumptions? Dates?

No drama is necessary, other than a date and the reason someone thinks it might be "THE" date.

Many predictions from many fans are more fun than me trying to figure it out for myself.

But .... no teasing the old fart. Really, if you have a reasonable prediction and an explanation for the date(s), it would be very helpful.

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2013 BETM Anniversary Show prediction?

Post by ERinVA »

May 12 is a Sunday, so it won't be on the actual date. That is not a prediction. ;)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm betting on Saturday, May 11th but just to be on the safe side I've also bought a ticket for Monday, May 13th :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Yes, but...

Might they move it to March or later in May? It's been known to happen? :(

I have NOT purchased any tickets yet, but I would love to come to London for the 8th celebration... Since it is costly, I would love to get the date right!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

The 5th Birthday show was moved but this was due to the fact that Elton John was attending and the Cannes Film Festival was taking place on May 12th.

In 2012 the 7th birthday show took place on May 12th but no special guests were there. The theatre did allow us to take photos after the chair lift though.

The Gala performance on May 30th, 2012, was a celebration of the 3,000th show, the Queen's Jubilee and the then forthcoming London Olympics.

I cannot see any reason why the 8th Birthday show will not be on either May 11th or the 13th - but at the end of the day, what the hell do I know :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

I've been visiting London in May for many years, so special show or not, whether it be the 11th, the 13th or not at all, I'll be there from the 8th - 16th. (and I know I'll have a great time. :D )
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Billy Whiz wrote:I'm betting on Saturday, May 11th but just to be on the safe side I've also bought a ticket for Monday, May 13th :D
So, I suppose you have C15 for both dates? :lol:
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

Well, I made the same call as Mr Whiz and booked seats for Saturday & Monday (I'm thinking Saturday will be the official day).

But I must confess to a most heinous crime.............I'm cheating on Billy and going to see Les Mis for the first time on the Friday :shock: Will I be forgiven :(
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Yorkie wrote:But I must confess to a most heinous crime.............I'm cheating on Billy and going to see Les Mis for the first time on the Friday :shock: Will I be forgiven :(
You are forgiven ;)

You will love it. Everybody I know that has seen it thinks it's wonderful.

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Yorkie wrote:But I must confess to a most heinous crime.............I'm cheating on Billy and going to see Les Mis for the first time on the Friday :shock: Will I be forgiven :(
My understanding is that the BBSC (Billy Behavioural and Standards Committee) has no objections whatsoever to members attending other great shows but any Member exiting by the front of Victoria Station and TURNING RIGHT faces disciplinary action. ;)

Enjoy Les Mis.

Pat

Return to “London Archive”