Mitchell Tobin-Billy(Tour/UK/CA/KS/LI)

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mitchell Tobin-Billy(Tour/London/La Mirada/Glendale/Wichita)

Post by porschesrule »

Mitchell has been cast as Billy in the Wichita production of the show which will be presented at the Music Theatre July 8-12, 2015.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/wichita/ar ... d-20150413#
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Surely, Mitchell must hold the record for the highest number of different productions played by any Billy? And the Billy who has played the role in the most countries - and continents?
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

He's probably the oldest Billy as well now?
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

OliverWaters wrote:He's probably the oldest Billy as well now?
I presume you mean 'the oldest, currently-on-stage Billy'?

I think that honor may go to Kyle Halford at Drury Lane, who is listed as 16 years old.

http://betm.theskykid.com/meet-billy-el ... e-halford/

Mitchell is listed as a 9th grader, which would place him as 14-15.

http://www.nbps.org/school/news/9th-gra ... ly-elliott

When Sam Faulkner played the role in Raleigh in February, he was 16 1/2 years old. His 16th birthday was noted on this Forum:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 1&start=50

Back to my question: Mitchell has played Billy in four countries (the US, Canada, Brazil and the UK) and three continents (North America, South America and Europe). Has he played the most number of different productions of any Billy (4): The Tour, London, La Mirada/Glendale, Wichita? Here is another potential record: he debuted in Austin Tx on Dec 16 2012. If he completes all shows at Wichita, he will have played the role in four countries, on three continents, in four different productions, over a period of 31 months. Is that also a record?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Mitchell has won the Male Dance category at this year's Cappies Awards.
Male Dancer winner: Mitchell Tobin, North Broward Preparatory School (Sideshow).
http://www.examiner.com/article/cappies ... ments-arts

About The Cappies:

http://www.cappies.com/?portalid=0
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mitchell Tobin-Billy(Tour/UK/CA/KS/LI)

Post by kport »

We were told before the opening performance that WALK97.5 FM would post an interview with Mitchell - here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Gpb5mkKsI
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I've been given permission from Mitchell's mom to let you know that this run of Billy in Patchogue, NY will be his last in the role of Billy. Though it may not come as a surprise, it's a bittersweet farewell to an amazing performer, who plans on continuing his ballet training in NYC very soon.

For those who know Mitchell from the Tour(s) and London, do check out all the great reviews he's been getting in other regional productions lately!

His final show as Billy Elliot will be next Saturday, August 8th. He's currently scheduled to do both shows that day as well. I'll be there at his last show, and look forward to sending him off with the collective best wishes of the entire Billy fan family.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Having not seen Mitchell perform since Hartford, it was great to see him a couple years later July 31 in Patchogue. He has always had an exciting Electricity even when he first broke on to the stage in Austin where it was a privilege for me to see his debut. So to some extent this completes the circle, seeing one of Mitchell's last performances apparently.

Which also struck me how there is a lot of Mitchell's performance that can be seen in Brandon's and how great it is that there can be this passing of the torch. Similar to how it must have been when Mitchell (and Drew) joined the Tour and learned from the veteran Billys there, Kylend and Ben and Noah. Of course it's even more critical now with the transition to regionals in North America.

Break a leg, Mitchell, in the grand finale today!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

First came the US Tour - covering many US states - then Canada - then Brazil - then almost a year in London - then La Mirada/Glendale - then Wichita - and finally The Gateway - if there were such a thing as 'Billy Miles' for the journey of nearly three years that Mitchell has taken in this role, then he would be due for an upgrade to first class in whatever he decides to do next! His mother told me that this may include ballet training in NYC in the very near future, so I suspect that we will be hearing much from Mitchell over the next few years. I hope the Billy experience has given him as much fun and satisfaction as he has given to audiences around the world.

Break a leg in your last two shows today, Mitchell. And thanks for the memories! Happy trails!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

It's almost 1 AM, and I've just got home from witnessing Mitchell Tobin's final performance as Billy. I'll write a review in the Gateway reviews section Sunday or Monday, but for now I just have a few quick thoughts to share...

It was a very, very special show. Choreographer Alison Levenberg introduced the show by announcing it as Mitchell's final show in the role of Billy. Her speech brought the excitement factor for the whole audience up several levels, and trust me, the buzz in the air never stopped buzzing. It was a GREAT audience for Mitchell's last show. His mom was front row center, and it was soooooooo great seeing all the looks and smiles he gave her throughout the show!!! So cute and touching!!!

SEVERAL very cool/funny changes only a fan would notice for the most part, most of which I'll happily detail later, but yes, there WAS the name change at the end. "See ya, Ethan." "Yeah, see ya, Mitchell." And this was an audience who had never seen this happen before, so they let out what can best be described as a cooing sound when it happened. :D Meanwhile, I was just choking up. :cry:

Short story: Mitchell had a FANTASTIC last show filled with great moments, so many smiles from Mitchell throughout, and an Electricity that was just PERFECTION, which included a..............eh, I'll write the rest in the review. :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”