Haydn May - Billy

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Haydn May - Billy

Post by angelenroute »

May have begun as a name for only one gender, but things change, just like when people started spelling my name S-H-A-W-N. :roll: :|

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

Feeling a little guilty not having posted in ages but felt I had to commend Haydn on this page for doing two shows yesterday at Bristol and three out of the last four. For stamina and freshness and sheer resilience you could not fault him. A total credit to himself, his family and the Company who seem to be relying on him and Adam considerably lately. Haydn is a real case of 'Local boy done good'.
cheltonian
Small Boy

Post by cheltonian »

I saw the show (for the first time) on press night in Bristol, and then again last week. By coincidence Billy was played by Haydn May on both occasions. I thought he was fantastic, really believable, great acting from an 11 year old boy. He received a well deserved standing ovation.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ckm1926 wrote:I saw the show (for the first time) on press night in Bristol, and then again last week. By coincidence Billy was played by Haydn May on both occasions. I thought he was fantastic, really believable, great acting from an 11 year old boy. He received a well deserved standing ovation.
Thanks for sharing you observation about Haydn, ckm1926. It's an opinion that's shared by many. And welcome to the Forum. I see it's your first post and hope it will be far from your last one. Enjoy searching around the site. There's much to read about.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Apparently Haydn starred in the movie Crowhurst which was shot sometime in 2017. The movie covers the same topic as The Mercy but was a low-budget production without big names. I don't even know when Crowhurst will premier, until now it has only been shown on film festivals. However, it's amazing to find something on what Haydn has been doing.

It looks like Haydn appered alongside his brothers to play Crowhurst's sons:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4791984/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

You can find a production picture with Haydn on the film's Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/crowhurstmovie?lang=de
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

The Mercy is on general cinema release in the UK from 9th February - like now ! According to the Guardian newspaper article dated 7th February “................It’s not too surprising, either, that The Mercy isn’t the only Crowhurst project on the horizon. In March – a release date hasn’t been confirmed – you can see his exploits again in a film entitled, simply, Crowhurst ……………”.

The distributors of The Mercy bought the rights to Crowhurst so that they could ensure that they went on release first. I’m not sure whether Crowhurst is likely to be shown at main chain cinemas or smaller art house venues. At least Haydn will be able to speak in his native West Country accent - assuming he actually has any lines of dialogue.

Filming actually took place in 2015, prior to the Billy tour.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... rcy-biopic

Return to “Cast - UK/Ireland Tour”