BILLYFAN
Debbie

Re: Plymouth Reviews

Post by BILLYFAN »

Thursday 31st March 2.30 Mat.
Billy===========Matthew Lyons
Michael=========Elliot Stiff
Debbie========= Italia Ross

I got to the theatre at about 1.30pm to take a picture of the Billy signs on the outside of theatre (as in the picture Patc took)and was very lucky to take the picture, as they were just about to take it down!
Modern tech.is great..when it works! but useless when it doesn't work, esp when there is no back up
The 2 led panels which show the actors was either blank or just quickly showing, I did manage to get a picture . after several attempts

As for the show ,another very good one Matthew is a great Billy (I was hoping for one of the others,as Matthew was on the last time I saw the show) Elliot is a great Michael and in his scene (expressing yourself) was very funny and at the end stood at edge of the stage trying to get the audience to clap more (who were economic with clapping at times)
Although the angry dance was very good I still prefer the London version
Matthew,s ballet electricity was fantastic and got the biggest applause of the show
there was a standing ovation from near all the audience dueing the final
Some comments from the couple sitting next to me:- Husband recon that the angry dance was "over the top" and his wife said it was more about the miners being angry then Billy, well, everybody has an opinion I suppose
On the train home I heard several say how much they enjoyed the show
The theatre was more or less full.
The door to the male toilets are on the 1st landing of the stairs to the grand circle, so if you are in the stalls, after sitting down for up to 3 1/2 hours one needs the toilet before the journey home, but you are going against "the flow", trying to get up the stairs while most people are going down I suppose the person who designed that got a award!
I've got a ticket for London's Billy for Sat 9th mat. not a very good seat though E29 near the side
I've also got a seat for Cardiff show in July and Bristol in November

Return to “Reviews - Billy Elliot UK/Ireland Tour”