Manchester Reviews

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Manchester Reviews

Post by patc »

Some will remember the blog done by a boy called Wayne Cord after he saw Billy in London years ago and his younger brother Roy did the same a few years later. Well, there is now another brother who saw the show in Manchester and here's his blog:

Im the terd member of the Cord famlee to be brung by me mam to see Billy Elliot. My older bruvvers Wayne and Roy sawed it wen they were levven and they did blogs after it. Now it was my tern for my burfday and I hav to do a blog as well. We had seets at the very front and in front of us was a big hole in the floor. Me mam sed it was the oxtrapit. I lucked down into it and there was lodes of drums, crumpits and sackphones. A man drest in black came up the steps and sat at his piano. Sum of the seets behind us were miles up near the roof and I think youd need binoklars to see the show from their.

At the start a littel boy came along with a transjender raydio playing a lowd song but he was axially in the show and went up the stares and on the stage. Ther was a lot of men and wimmen on the stage and a man runs in and shouts that their on strike and evrybody cheers. I cant understand wy the miners are so happy to be goine on strike cos me mam says when yure on strike you get no munny.

Billy starts to sing a song and tiptose cross the stage with the aver littel boy coppyin him and then all the men and wimmen come back agen and sing a song. Their is fore boys who play Billy. Me mam says the feehah manger wud be put in jale if they had only won boy cos its agenst the law.

Wayne and Roy told me ther wud be a very funny boxxing seen wit Billy his frend Mykal and the boxxing coche and they were rite and the hole awdence was laffin and laffin. Mykal axdently hit the coche in the goolies. Im shure he diddent meen to do it and he mite not get payed for that seen for doin it. Me mam says the actors get about 5000 pounds for eech show. That’s wy the seets are so deer.

Billy jiones in with the teecher and all the bally gurls and lerns how to do bally. The gurls push him and all but he begins to like the dancing. The pleece and miners nearly have a fite. Billys grandma is very funny and she sings a song about Billys grandad hoo dide. The song is a bit sad but she finches it by leepin round the stage and the awdence laffed and gave her a big cheer.

There is a terbel angry seen wen Billys Dad caches him at bally. He grabs him and shouts at him and calls him a frute. This is so imbrassing for Billy to be shouted at in front of awl the bally gurls but he fites back and calls his Dad a rood name in front of evrybody and then he runs off. Me Mam had telled me that their was a lot of cursing in the show but it is only acting and they are awl very nice in reel life.

I neerly dide laffin in a big seen when Billy finds Mykal werring a dress and he makes Billy wer annuver dress so they are bote drest like wimmen and they do a dance all over the stage and then big dresses jump out onto the stage. Thers lites flashing and the musick is louder and the awdence is clapping and cheering. I cuddent beleeve how gud Billy and Mykal wer abel to dance and in frunt of all these peeples. They must have been praxing for months and months to be that gud.

Ther was a very sad seen wit the bally teecher woman and Billy and annuver woman hoo is the gost of Billys dead mam. I saw me mam taking a tishoo out of her bag when Billy huged his dead mam. She sed Its a pity the man hoo roted the story killed her cos she wud have incurged Billy to do bally when he liked it so much.

Won of the funnest seens was wer the old man who plays the piano for the bally dancing suddinly jumps out and starts dancing. He even did the splits and skipt around with Billy and the teecher. Evrybody cheered and cheered. Me mam tawt it was hillaryless.

The last seen before haff time was amayzing. Furst thers this big row between Billys dad his older bruvver and the bally teecher and Billy gets very angry and runs up to his bedroom to start a dance. Wen he climes back down agen the miners and pleece are fiting and running all over the place. The pleece grab their sheelds and march at Billy but he keeps dancing in front of them until they get fed up and go away.

The show started agen and ther was a song about maggie tacher hoo was wunce the primespinster. I diddent no enything about her but me Mam says she was a very strong woman but me dad says she was a ryebish.

Billy gives Mykal a bally gurls tootoo and he puts it on and dose a very funny dance but before that he gave Billy a kiss to show that he loves him. After that there was a nuvver amayzing seen where Billy does bally with an older boy. They are bote drest the same and me Mam said that the older boy was apposed to be Billy a few years later when he had lernt all about bally and was a grate dancer. After that yule never gess what hapind next. Billy floo up in the air and was twilrld all around and then he was spinned up to the roof by the other boy. The awdence cheered and clapped agen.

Ther was a big fite when all the miners are on the stage and Billys bruvver hoose name is Tony punches his dad cos his dad had punched him in his house. They hav no munny to bring Billy to his ordition in Londin but a man called the scab comes in with tons of munny and gives it to Billy. I cuddent beleev it when Tony tuck the munny back of Billy and froo it at the man. Shirly he shud have been glad that the man wanted to give Billy the munny. I wisperd to me mam wy was he called a scab and she sed it was sumthing about onions.

Evenchly Billy dose go to the ordition at the royle bally scool where he gets very angry and punches a posh boy. The peeple giv out to him but I think they forgiv him cos him and his dad sit on chairs. They ask Billy wot dose he feel like wen he is dancing. Billy starts singing a song and suddinly dose a back flip and starts to do a brillyint bally dance. I never sawed anything like it in me life. It gose on for ages and his dad cant beleev what he is seen. The awdence gose mad with more cheering and clapping. Billy obusly luvs this cos he starts to smile back at the awdence and they giv him even more louder cheers.

I wont spoil the ending of the play but cos he is such a grate dancer Billy gets into the bally scool but he has to leev home and evrybody is sad cos the stike is over but at leece they will get munny now.

I found out a seekrit that nobody else nose. Im not even goin to tell me Mam. The littel boy with the raydio is axially a gurl. She is won of the bally gurls as well but you cuddent see this if you were not beside the satge like we wur.

I fink that everybody shud see Billy speshly evry boy and gurl. Me mam sed it teeches you that you shud follow yure dreams even if your dad dosent like it. Sumday I wud like to be a sturgin cos I like the idear of been abel to make peeple better by carrin out oprayshins on them. I hope me dad doesn’t get angry wen I tell him but if he dose I will tell him off just like Billy.

Singed

Ben Cord

Well, well, he doesn't say who he saw but it doesn't matter. He got the message.

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Manchester Reviews

Post by kport »

Not exactly a review; but most certainly an accolade:
Billy Elliot The Musical named Best Theatre Production in the CityLife Awards 2016
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... t-12519594

Return to “Reviews - Billy Elliot UK/Ireland Tour”