Tracking Billy Elliot: La Mirada and Alex Theatres CA - 2015

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tracking Billy Elliot: La Mirada and Alex Theatres CA - 2015

Post by porschesrule »

A place to track the performers in the BETM production to be presented at the La Mirada and Alex Theatres in California.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking Billy Elliot: La Mirada and Alex Theatres, CA

Post by porschesrule »

Billy/Michael/Debbie

La Mirada Theatre

January

16 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
17 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
18 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
21 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
22 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
23 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
24 - (Mat) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
24 - (Eve) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
25 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
28 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
29 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
30 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
31 - (Mat) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
31 - (Eve) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy

Monthly Performance Totals

Total La Mirada Performances for January = 14 (Total to Date = 14)

Mitchell - 14 (La Mirada = 14, N. Amer. Tour = 60.5, London = 68.25 --- Cumulative Total = 142.75)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking Billy Elliot: La Mirada and Alex Theatres CA - 2015

Post by ERinVA »

Given that there is only one each of Billy/Michael/Debbie, is a tracking thread really needed for this production?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote: Given that there is only one each of Billy/Michael/Debbie, is a tracking thread really needed for this production?
Only to have a place to record the performances for cumulative totals purposes.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It would seem, to me at least, that at this early stage a comprehensive table of 'who-performs-when' (even if such a list may be, as far as we now know, 'extravagant') is not unreasonable. After all, we do not know for a fact that Noah will not have an understudy (as well as the others). 24 or so shows in a row for one Billy will be an absolute first. And, should it happen that there are no substitutions, the list can be deleted in a keystroke; replaced perhaps by a single note that, in this production, the primary cast performed in all shows: a notable achievement. Certainly, this list could be left out for now, and added later if there are changes in cast, but some of us would like to know the roster for each performance as and when, because it could be precedent setting if the principle cast perform at all performances, without a change. This is a record to be set.

I would simply want to add my admiration of - and thanks to - porschesrule for maintaining a BETM database that is absolutely second to none. I can cite three sets of BETM parents in Ogunquit who told me that they not only consult it, but are thankful it exists (I am certain there are others there, and elsewhere). I think the list is about as comprehensive and accurate as is extant anywhere, and it would not surprise me if those high up in the BETM organisation refer to it, from time to time. And I can attest to his unfailing patience at dealing with on-site 'reporters' who do not always get it right the first time!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

kport wrote: 24 or so shows in a row for one Billy will be an absolute first.
This is actually not so. Kevin Haugan in the Norway production has done 50 in a row.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

True, but not in the usual 8 shows a week format that Noah Parets might face. Kevin is doing stints of 2 or 3 days a week back to back, with 3 or 4 shows a week, with a break of 4 or 5 days off in between. In itself, 50 shows on the trot is a remarkable achievement in itself, but it is an apples to oranges comparison to eight shows each week, back to back, over three and a bit weeks, with one day off each week.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

kport wrote:True, but not in the usual 8 shows a week format that Noah Parets might face. Kevin is doing stints of 2 or 3 days a week back to back, with 3 or 4 shows a week, with a break of 4 or 5 days off in between. In itself, 50 shows on the trot is a remarkable achievement in itself, but it is an apples to oranges comparison to eight shows each week, back to back, over three and a bit weeks, with one day off each week.
Your point is well taken.

However, for the record, Noah will be doing a 6 show per week format (Wed-Sun) with a 2 day break in between weeks at La Mirada and just 3 shows (Fri-Sun) in Glendale for a total of 24 shows altogether.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

To confirm porschesrule's statement, here's the schedule for La Mirada, which shows that performances are Wednesday through Sunday, with two performances on Saturdays, totaling 6 per week after the initial Friday-Sunday opening week:

https://lamiradatheatre.secure.force.com/ticket
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Billy/Michael/Debbie

La Mirada Theatre

February

1 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
4 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
5 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
6 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
7 - (Mat) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
7 - (Eve) Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
8 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy (Last Show at the La Mirada Theatre)

Alex Theatre

20 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy (1st Show at the Alex Theatre) (Milestone: Mitchell's 150.75 show as Billy)
21 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy
22 - Mitchell/Jake/Sammy (Last Show at the Alex Theatre)

Monthly Performance Totals

Total La Mirada & Alex Theatre Performances for February = 10 (Total to Date = 24)

Mitchell - 10 (La Mirada = 21, Alex = 3, N. Amer. Tour = 60.5, London = 68.25 --- Cumulative Total = 152.75)

Return to “US Regional Productions Archive”