Myles Erlick: Billy - Chicago, Toronto, NY and Muny

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Myles Erlick

Post by mrmikerocks »

porschesrule wrote:
mrmikerocks wrote:Has any announcement to Myles first chicago performance been announced yet?
On the Bloomingdale's fashion show video that was posted on the forum, both Ryan Kasprzak and Myles stated that he'd make his debut in October. Beyond that, no specific date has been officially announced.

As Tommy Batchelor's leave date is October 10, and as Myles is his replacement, it's a pretty sure bet that Myles debut will be somewhere around that date.
Maybe as Marcus' first performance was the Wednesday matinee after Giuseppe left, then maybe Myles' will be the same. But who knows.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Myles has a new official website:

http://myleserlick.com/fr_intro.cfm
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Any news on to when Myles' first performance will be?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Congratulations to Myles Erlick -- making his debut as Billy in Chicago today.

Break a Leg, Myles!!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Break a leg Myles! :D :D
:/
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Re: Tracking Billy Elliot Chicago - 2010

Post by cws8998 »

Myles Erlick broke a leg, that's for sure. His debut was a smashing success and in my opinion represented the best quality of all the Billies that have preceded him. I admit to being shocked as to his animation, [the quality of his acting], his sense of timing in response to the other performers and his connection with the audience...his dancing was gorgeous, his poise that of a seasoned professional. I'm not sure why I should have thought I'd be amazed as to how he might do...all the Billies are superbly prepared. But, this kid is a true 11 year old, a very slender little guy, who showed the heart and talent of a major star, and I came away from his performance enriched and emotionally fulfilled. Good for him. I did speak with him and his parents following the show and they emphasized that Myles struggled a bit with the singing and dialogue due to a bad cold. But, my god, if that was the case, more power to him, because he certainly handled that disadvantage like a classy professional and real trooper. Can't wait to see him perform again. By the way, the standing ovation he received after "Electricity" was louder and more sustained than I had experienced from any other Billy I've had the fortune to see, and that's around eight of them between London, NY, and Chicago. Regards, Colin
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Did the resident director make an announcement before the show that it was his first performance ?
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

allthatsknown wrote:Great debut from Myles today. If i wasn't as much as a fan as I am, I would not have known it was his first show
Going by the above quote Todd I'm guessing not - but of course I could be wrong.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
chi-towngirl
Audience Member

Post by chi-towngirl »

The resident director did come on stage and make an announcement, I'm paraphrasing, but something along the lines of: "This is a very special performance you are about to see. Back in February of this year, a young man by the name of Myles Erlick auditioned for the show and was cast as Billy. Today marks his debut performance in the role. I would like to thank his parents, friends, and family, who are all here in the audience today, so let's welcome them (applause, etc.), and enjoy the show.

I'm very happy they acknowledged it was his first show, the audience seemed to really get behind the performance as a result.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Hooray! It appears that they have caught on that audiences love to know about debut and leaving nights. Let's hope it continues as kids come and go, and let's hope that the Broadway and Second Tour productions will follow suit.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”