Tade Biesinger - Billy: Broadway, London and Muny

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Tade Biesinger - Billy: Broadway and London

Post by CJ-Rochester »

kport wrote: I wonder, with the end of the International Tour, that ends the contribution of North American Billys in London. It seems that every one of them was accepted, and rose and exceeded all expectations. In a funny sort of way, then, the end of the International Tour has affected the Mother Ship in London.

Unless........................

I would say you never know for sure, or at least not for a while. After all it was more than a year between Tade's last show in Broadway and his first in London.
:/
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

kport wrote:
Yorkie wrote:It was confirmed on Tade's Facebook fan page by Keith & later on the official Billy Elliot Twitter account. Tade's on his way home.

The speculation has been around for a while with 5 London Billys on the books- I wonder if Elliott being out of action the last few weeks delayed Tade's departure?
That is possible. Schools in his home town recommenced on August 26th.

I wonder, with the end of the International Tour, that ends the contribution of North American Billys in London. It seems that every one of them was accepted, and rose and exceeded all expectations. In a funny sort of way, then, the end of the International Tour has affected the Mother Ship in London.

Well, we'll need a new Billy & Michael to start by November - any suggestions?
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Yorkie wrote:
kport wrote:
Yorkie wrote:It was confirmed on Tade's Facebook fan page by Keith & later on the official Billy Elliot Twitter account. Tade's on his way home.

The speculation has been around for a while with 5 London Billys on the books- I wonder if Elliott being out of action the last few weeks delayed Tade's departure?
That is possible. Schools in his home town recommenced on August 26th.

I wonder, with the end of the International Tour, that ends the contribution of North American Billys in London. It seems that every one of them was accepted, and rose and exceeded all expectations. In a funny sort of way, then, the end of the International Tour has affected the Mother Ship in London.

Well, we'll need a new Billy & Michael to start by November - any suggestions?
Indeed. I will send you a PM, as speculation is not encouraged in the Forum.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

WOW! WOW! WOW!

An absolutely stunning show at the Victoria Palace on Saturday, August 31st. It was Tade's farewell show and he gave a performance that will never be forgotten.

A review and photos to come later.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Looking forward to both, David.

All the best to Tade as he returns to the US to start the school year.

Here is the "official" notice from the BETM facebook page, published just yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotthe ... ion=stream
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

Unfortunately I did not get to see Tade perform as Billy :( :( I passed through London last month and stayed on a Saturday to catch a couple of shows, I made it to the theater around 2:00 and saw Tade's name on the board so I bought a ticket but when Billy came out it was Redmand! I had seen Redmand two weeks prior and had seen him last year also so I was a little disappointed because I have read so many wonderful reviews about Tade. Best of luck to you Tade!
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

I'd just like to clarify my position and explain what happened since I've been named (ooh Yorkie what are you like ;) ) in the above post.

It had been rumoured for a while that Tade might be leaving at the end of August, but nothing official. Therefore, as an Admin of Tade's Facebook Appreciation site and to stop further speculation and rumours on the site I decided to try and get some clarification/official notification on Saturday that it was actually Tade's last night.

I contacted one of Tade's Uncle's who I have previously spoken to and who is a member of Tade's Appreciation site to get the clarification, but also because it would have been a great shame had there been no good luck and best wishes messages for Tade on his last night. However, I only contacted him for the sake of trying as I'm a great believer in the saying, 'if you don't ask, you don't get', and if you have asked and the answer is 'No' then at least you know what the answer is rather than always wondering and speculating what the answer might be if you don't ask/try.

I sent a brief message on Saturday in the hope that the Uncle might reply and clarify any details about Tade leaving. He certainly didn't have to clarify anything but thankfully he did get back to me on Saturday afternoon and confirmed that I could post the official announcement on Tade's Facebook Appreciation site, which meant that many good luck and best wishes messages for Tade were then posted.

However, on re-reading his message on Saturday, Tade's Uncle didn't mention the Forum at all and didn't say whether I could mention or had permission to post his name on here, and I didn't have time to message him back as I was working, and in all honesty I did not want to bother or hassle him further. Therefore, as the Forum rules state you must have an official named sourced for any such announcements about last night's etc, then I didn't post the announcement on here because I was unsure If I could name him or not and didn't want to take a risk by naming him if he didn't want his name posted, and I also didn't want to encourage speculation on here.

Thankfully, a short while later there was the official announcement from the company on the BETM UK Facebook page and Twitter account as mentioned and linked above.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to Tade's last show but I was fortunate enough to see him on Wednesday for one final time.
Tade was awesome with one of the best shows I have ever seen and one of the most beautiful and stunning Electricity's I have ever seen in 8 years. It was a performance that was so incredible and memorable that it will never be forgotten.
I've been told many times in the last few days that his final performance and Electricity will also never be forgotten.

Wednesdays performance proved once again just how talented Tade is as he brilliantly showcased his immaculate standards and his stunning dancing. It also proved that he is without doubt the master of the skipping in B2B. I have never seen any Billy make the skipping look so effortless, so flawless and so quick (especially the crossovers) and be so relaxed about it - i.e. it was quite clear it never worried Tade, whereas I've heard stories from some ex-Billys how they absolutely hated the skipping and always worried about it and dreaded it.
Tade made the skipping look so effortless and perfect that I wonder if he ever thought; 'yeah, this is easy, I don't know why some other Billys keep getting caught in the rope' (haha).

Not only did Tade get a full house standing ovation on his last night after his Electricity (as I've been told) but I'm glad to report he got an almost full house standing ovation at his penultimate performance on Wednesday and he stood there lapping up the applause with genuine humble amazement and he seemed very emotional at the reaction.
The standing ovation was very richly deserved and if you weren't there to see his Electricity on Wednesday or his final Electricity on Saturday then you've really missed out folks, but those who have seen Tade's Electricity in London or Broadway or at The Oliviers performance in Covent Garden will know how great it is.

The show on Wednesday also proved that Tade is brilliant at working with any of the Michaels, but especially his 'partner in crime' - Paul Pfeiffer from The Wonder Years, aka Zach, as the two of them together were a dream team and the brilliant Zach seemed to 'play up' even more when he was with Tade. I loved the height difference between Tade and Zach as it made them even more endearing and their performances even funnier and I love how Zach always sticks the picture of Billy upside down on the mirror in Expressing Yourself, although I'm still waiting on another Michael to always kiss the picture of Billy like Jake Pratt did during his Michael run.

I will never forget Tade's very smiley and wonderful Finales; "Here we Go" (my favourite ever Finales alongside Josh Bakers) and I will never forget his amazing interaction with the cast and audience as Tade's magnificent personality and down-to-earth charm really shone through in his Finales. If you were not uplifted by a Tade Finale or a Tade show(especially his incredible dancing) and didn't leave the Theatre on a high with a smile on your face then there is something wrong with you.

I will also never forget the infamous facial expressions, especially his shocked faces at the Ballet Girls and Mrs W and at 'Debbie's offer', and I loved his fantastic enthusiasm for the items he brings out of Billy's bag in The Letter (something very simple like the way he enthusiastically shook the TV themes album a second time(after Mrs W has said; "Tv Themes?" and Billy has responded; "Yeah") was bloody brilliant).
Not only that, but Tade is one of the few American Billys in London that I've actually seen eat the Jaffa Cakes as some of the others avoided them, or in Adam's case, eating the crumbs from the bottom of the biscuit tin (haha).

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to see Tade perform in London just as audiences did on Broadway. A pity it was only for a short time, but 6 months is better than nothing and what an incredible 6 months it has been as he was immensely popular with the cast and with audiences.
My only disappointment is that I never got to see Tade perform as Michael, but I'm really glad I got to see him quite a few times as Billy and I can now say he is and always will be one of my favourite ever Billys.

Well done Tade, you were bloody brilliant and thank you for coming all the way from the US to entertain and wow West End audiences at the Victoria Palace. Good luck and best wishes for what will be a very bright future and good luck with High School and don't forget to keep shining and keep dancing.

Cheers,
Keefy
:D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As Keith has said, we do not post information about start or leaving dates on here without permission or an official public confirmation. Since he did not have permission to post information about Tade's leaving on here, he did not do so. Other members of facebook appreciation pages should take note.

We also don't publish information from closed facebook appreciation groups which must be joined in order for the information to be accessed, and therefore are considered private. Our policy states:

-Any schedule information or cast change information posted, including references to possible upcoming Billys, Michaels, or Debbies, should indicate an authoritative source (or failing that should note and notify the Admins of the source) or risk the automatic deletion of the information.
-Members must be extremely careful about posting information from the personal social network pages (Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) of cast members, their family members, or other forum members. If it is not absolutely clear that the page in question is completely public, then no information or pictures from that page should be posted on the Forum without the permission of the account holder.
-Likewise, information obtained privately from cast members or their families should not be posted on the Forum without their express permission, and when posted, the permission must be noted in the post.

Since this information was accurate, and the original post is now past history, the posts will remain; however, for future reference, this is a reminder to all members that they should be aware of our rules and go by them.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The Official Billy Elliot facebook page asked Tade a question:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

And he answered:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... permPage=1
Ellen

dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY, TADE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”