May 2011 Reviews - NYC

jsd337
Small Boy

Re: May 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by jsd337 »

angelenroute wrote: Have to ask though, as someone who (dare I admit it publicly???) is not a Gaga fan (I'm sorry), what is the hand gesture that Gaga and her little monsters do?
Sean
As ERinVA said, there's a photo of Alex doing it in his countdown thread, but it's basically a bear claw gesture. Or just google "Lady Gaga Little Monsters" and there should be a lot of pictures of Gaga and fans doing it :).
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:If you look at Alex's photo countdown, Sean, you will see Alex and Liam making the gesture in one of the photos.
Ohhh okay thank you. I didn't realize Gaga had owned that motion now lol. And I rarely catch these photo countdowns because they're in their own thread. I've never mastered finding a way to get updated on the site's activities I'd be most interested in except for notifications of areas of the Forum I've posted in previously.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

angelenroute wrote:And I rarely catch these photo countdowns because they're in their own thread.
Yes I've noticed :D :D

I've tried to make it as easy as possible for people to find them by putting them in the "Cast Leavers & Arrivals" thread and calling them "Photo Countdown" ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

angelenroute wrote:
ERinVA wrote:If you look at Alex's photo countdown, Sean, you will see Alex and Liam making the gesture in one of the photos.
Ohhh okay thank you. I didn't realize Gaga had owned that motion now lol. And I rarely catch these photo countdowns because they're in their own thread. I've never mastered finding a way to get updated on the site's activities I'd be most interested in except for notifications of areas of the Forum I've posted in previously.

Sean
Sean, the best way to see what has happened with posts since you last signed on is to click on the "View new posts" link in the upper right hand corner of the page. It will show you every new post that has been made on the forum since you were last on. I also use it as a "refresher" while I am on the forum to see what new posts are happening as I am reading others. It works really well. You should give it a try. 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

most users are not here every single day BW and ER =) sorry just the truth...so refreshing with new posts would mean tons of new things between visits...BUT I will try that anyway! =)

I also think a photo countdown would get more attention in a billy's own thread where people are already on the lookout for updates, but if you have found the opposite is true than I will shut up (good luck with that lol)

sean
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

angelenroute wrote:most users are not here every single day BW and ER =) sorry just the truth...
The only thing I know about the Little Monster gesture is from that Liam and Alex picture and subsequent posts in the Photo Countdown. So that gives us our object lesson for the day: Browse this forum more often and you too can fool others into thinking you actually know something! :lol:

A pleasure meeting you as well, Sean. Wish I had known about BETM much earlier than 3 months ago and gotten to see more of the other Billys. Particularly Trent, being a fellow Long Islander (originally).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

angelenroute wrote:most users are not here every single day BW and ER =) sorry just the truth...so refreshing with new posts would mean tons of new things between visits...BUT I will try that anyway! =)

I also think a photo countdown would get more attention in a billy's own thread where people are already on the lookout for updates, but if you have found the opposite is true than I will shut up (good luck with that lol)

sean
It gives you a smaller number of things to pick and choose from than if you are searching the entire forum, regardless of the fact that you may have missed a day or two being on here. So if a new thread has appeared in your absence (for example, Alex's Photo Countdown), you will see it in your list for new posts.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

May 30, evening
Tade/Neil/Zachary

First thing that needs to be said on this Memorial Day (particularly having browsed the Intrepid over the weekend) is a Three Volley Salute to all those who served and sacrificed their all for the sake of our freedom. We owe a debt of gratitude to the service men and women who fight the battles in order that we civilians can enjoy such things as Arts and Theater.

I was going to merely link to the Tade comments I made on Tade's thread, but on second thought I'll just copy them here. The post isn't too long, since I'm breaking out a couple other items to their own threads.

First impression: What a natural Tade is on stage! Pretty impressive for this being just his 4th performance as Billy and he is very believable in the role. There are no nerves or jitters to be seen. There was one semblance of an awkward moment and it was exactly where it makes sense for it to be - when Debbie makes her "offer".

Tade's singing is special. That doesn't mean it's perfect, not yet anyway. But besides hitting the notes competently and confidently, there were a few places where Tade had a different inflection and/or nuance that gave the line more meaning. A few lines of dialog where that was the case too, although I found the tweak to the musical lyrics more significant.

A few very minor items that will be adjusted with more experience. Like in Angry Dance, ending up mid-stage and having to crawl all the way to the front in order to get the pieces to throw at the police. That's all I remember specifically at this point, but other things were similar in nature, where position could have been better.

Another significant thing Tade did: When Mrs. Wilkinson reads out "Star Trek Annual", Tade not only gives the Vulcan greeting, but holds his hand so that all the audience can see it, instead of only those with Mrs. Wilkinson's view. Smart move.

Dancing showed the form that got him the Billy role. Very good as an eleven-year-old that will only get better as he matures.

All in all, very impressed with Tade's performance even at this early stage. Looking forward to seeing him more.

I'm sure it has happened plenty of times in the past, but this was the first time I saw a BETM where Michael (Neil) is bigger than Billy (Tade). I'll expand on that elsewhere, eventually.

Nice to see Emily Skinner back for this performance, although she was out again the following night.

Not sure if it has been noted previously, but I particularly like one of the things about Joel Hatch's Dad that I believe is unique to Joel's portrayal. The exact method of folding the clothing that is to be packed in Billy's suitcase. I'll camouflage the following line so those who want to see it for themselves can skip this; those who want to read it, just select the line. Fold-fold-fold, nice and neat, take the finished product, crumple it up and throw it in. I probably like it a lot since I'm a guy and that is after all how guys do such things. :lol:
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

atreyu wrote: Not sure if it has been noted previously, but I particularly like one of the things about Joel Hatch's Dad that I believe is unique to Joel's portrayal. The exact method of folding the clothing that is to be packed in Billy's suitcase.
Philip Whitchurch from London did that and did it on Bway when he was in. Very funny! =)

Sean

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”