July 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by Rich B »

A place for July reviews
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: July 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by CJ-Rochester »

July has started with great forum attendance. Tonight I saw johnnyc, pugsnort, and dancningfool at the show. Sunday there will be even more members present. I'm sure some great reviews will be coming soon. :D
:/
mikey
Small Boy

Post by mikey »

Saturday July 2nd Matinee.
Tade Biesinger: Wow!
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

:) I originally posted this in the June thread - here it is where it belongs.

Saturday matinee July 2

Tade/Neil/Alex

Some reviews run on and on. Others are short. This may be the shortest review ever, but it says it all. Today was my first time seeing Tade Biesinger as Billy.

OMG, OMG, OMG!
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Jacob went out in style tonight. A performance for the ages, I say. I'll let others fill in the details.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 - Evening show

Jacob's last performance

Tonight was a show which promised a lot and delivered in every way apart from the amateurs that were in charge of running the show this evening.

I will talk first about the last comment.

First of all there was no announcement that it was Jacob's last night. The excuse we heard was that Stephen Daldry is not in town. SO!!!!!!

In Angry Dance when Jacob pushes the bed back down before he descends he was out by about half a degree which meant that the bed did not drop back down. He was not aware of this so descended the stairs and carried on with the dance. A stagehand at the side stopped Jacob and they then closed the curtains. There was no announcement and no attempt to lower the bed and continue with AD. This was Jacob's last show for heaven's sake. Surely they could have started again or even after the bedroom had descended but to just finish it there was a disgrace.

It was disappointing for the people who have never seen AD, it was disappointing for the fans who had turned up for Jacob's last night but I'm sure it was more disappointing for Jacob and his family.

A report on the show tomorrow. I'm tired and fuming :evil: :evil: :evil:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

I'll get my two cents in early and report what I overheard from one of the swings after the show regarding the bed. Jacob gives it a push but it gets stuck and doesn't go down. That they don't have a contingency plan in place for this is disappointing; having to stop Angry Dance for that was inifuriating to all of us in the audience.

On a positive note, I was really marvelling at tonight's Letter scene. Not often that Billy draws so much emotion that even Mum is too choked up to sing the last lines. Not to mention the Kleenex's needed by the audience at that point and Jacob being real emotional. A fine testament to his superb acting.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

I'm doubting that was acting...
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

I was at Jacob's show on Thursday June 30th....the bed stopped the boxing scene twice....it would not go down....after a five minute delay....the show went on
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

I agree that it is a slap in a humble brilliant Jacob Clemente's face not to show and give him the respect he has earned........they should make an announcement......notice that they made one for G's debut on Sunday afternoon......why not Jacob....? NO EXCUSE...... Some of the BETM creative people can be difficult ..... their attitude of no respect for Jacob underlines this .... shame on them.....

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”