November 2011 Reviews - NYC

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: November 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Wow thanks for that review Sean. It is so beautifully written! What a great tribute to Giuseppe. :D
:/
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Sean, having seen Giuseppe perform four out of the seven times I've seen the show, that brought tears to my eyes. What a great experience that must have been. Thank you!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Excellent account of Giuseppe's time with the show, Sean. Perfectly conveyed his talents and the genuinely appreciative nature of him and his mom towards the fans, as well.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thank you for writing that Sean.

It was beautiful.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Thank you all but one apology. [And I'm going to update my review with this too.]

Giuseppe's voice was STUNNING! His singing was so beautiful!!! I'd heard tell of the way they changed the duet at the end of Deep Into The Ground with Dad and Billy singing "against" each other, but wow!!! Those few seconds hearing them sing together immediately jumped onto my "best ever" theatrical moments list! Absolutely gorgeous voice throughout the show and especially highlighted in that brief scene.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
cainmac
Small Boy

Post by cainmac »

Thank you, Sean. Incredible review!!

I was fortunate to see Giuseppe in Chicago and meet his Mom (and their beautiful white dog...not remembering a name...that never left her arms).

They are a warm, genuine, family, so gracious to invite the "super fans" (I love that term) to their home.

I have met several families at stage door (and I know you and others have met many, many more). I haven't met any actor (or actress) and family that have been less than gracious.

Michael
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

cainmac wrote:I was fortunate to see Giuseppe in Chicago and meet his Mom (and their beautiful white dog...not remembering a name...that never left her arms).
The dog's name is, appropriately, Billy :)
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

angelenroute wrote:I'd heard tell of the way they changed the duet at the end of Deep Into The Ground with Dad and Billy singing "against" each other, but wow!!! Those few seconds hearing them sing together immediately jumped onto my "best ever" theatrical moments list!
You hit the nail on the head, Sean. The first time I heard this ending as sung by Giuseppe, I was stunned by the beauty of this two part harmony. I think all of the Broadway Billys are now singing the last notes with dad as a duet, but only Giuseppe, with his deeper voice, sang the notes that made the harmony so striking.
yanks1153
Small Boy

Post by yanks1153 »

Thank you so much for the review, brought me to tears again.
I am going to start my review either tonight or tomorrow.
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Saw Julian's Broadway debut today at 2 pm.
All I can say is HOLY COW! You MUST see this kid!

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”