January 2012 Reviews - NYC

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: January 2012 Reviews - NYC

Post by ERinVA »

That is indeed very sad. I can imagine how upsetting that was! :cry:

As for the man and the boy, I would certainly hope that the company could do something for them to make up for the fact that they did not receive a message about the schedule change. One person suggested that for a good-will gesture, the company could have offered to send them to London to see the show there. Or, they could at least send them to the tour city of their choice. I am sure they got a refund, but how can you make up for missing the show when you can never see it on Broadway at the Imperial again?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I hope they didn't have to deal with the far-left Orchestra usher. He's always harsh with patrons and was even barking at people before that last show, many of whom must have been family of cast members. Almost every show I attended where my seat was on that left side, people were complaining about the guy. He certainly has to be firm at times in order to do his job well, but he stood out above all others for his temper and scoldings.

And I completely agree that a gesture of some sort would be nice and appropriate. I hope they followed up with someone about it!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

By the time they arrived at the theatre, I imagine the ushers would have already left. As I heard about it, they showed up at the front doors around 7 PM expecting there to be a show, which of course there wasn't. :(
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

ERinVA wrote:By the time they arrived at the theatre, I imagine the ushers would have already left. As I heard about it, they showed up at the front doors around 7 PM expecting there to be a show, which of course there wasn't. :(
Yes I was there taking a picture when the gentleman and his son were arriving for the 7:30pm show. He had no idea the show was canceled. The theater was dark and no one was answering the door as he knocked and rang the bell. I am not sure why he did not get an email regarding the cancellation of the show. He was quite upset which I don't blame him for at all. I do hope they give him something for his time and effort. Imagine if he traveled a far distance to come and to find out the show had been canceled.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Terrible! :cry:
Ellen

Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

angelenroute wrote:I hope they didn't have to deal with the far-left Orchestra usher.
Now let's keep your political views out of this, Sean. :lol:

But seriously, I think I know the guy you mean. And I would agree, he always seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood . . .very short-tempered and impatient, as if all the ticket-buying patrons were just there to inconvenience him. The irony of it all is that without the patrons he was barking at, he wouldn't have had a job (which sadly is now the case).
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Billy Whiz wrote:
bwayluver wrote: On my way out of the theatre after the final show I saw a man and boy getting very upset with a staff member as they had tickets for the 7.30 performance. Obviously they had not heard it had been cancelled.
What a sad situation. Somehow I feel that it will just be a case of bad luck for them but I can't help feeling so very sorry for them - so close and yet so far. Nothing hurts more than the dissapointment of a child :cry:
Cheers

Brad
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

More of you who often write reviews haven't done so. Really hope you're in progress or will reconsider posting. :)

I'm still working on one last review too.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I'm confused (what else is new? haha). It was Tade and Joseph who did rock, paper, scissors, or Julian and Joseph? I know that Joseph lost and had to stay on stage to deal with Dad.

And who did Lilla Crawford (Debbie) hug at the beginning of Goodbye at the end of the show?

(Don't just look back through this thread for the answer as I want to make sure we know for sure.) =)

Thanks!
Sean
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Rock, Paper, Scissors was played by Tade and Joseph. This was one of the places where the show took advantage of the fact that there were two dark-haired Billys and two blond ones. Peter and Julian ran off into the wings on either side and left the two blond boys there to battle it out.
Ellen

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”