Hi Billy fans!

A place for new members to introduce themselves
lion_9screamer
Audience Member

Hi Billy fans!

Post by lion_9screamer »

Hi all!!

My name is Manuel, and I am from Spain.

I have been a very big fan of the Billy Elliot movie since the last 4 years, when I discovered it. A couple of years ago I discovered this big musical and recently with the cinema special I just fell in love with it.

I have a request for you all if you can help me. My dream is to go to London from Madrid 2 or 3 days to go and see the musical with my family (we are my mother, my father, my sister and me). I have saved a total 1.263 GPB. Do you think that with this amount of money it would be possible to buy the plane, the hotel, some meals and see the musical or it would be better to save some more?

Also, I would like to ask if you know which day Elliott Hanna (the boy who played Billy in the cinema special), perform in the show. I also like the other boys, but since I saw him playing in the cinema and it was so special, I would like to see him live.

Thanks for all and helping me to make this dream come true ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi Billy fans!

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Manuel. I hope you are able to make it to see the show live in London.

To answer your question about when Elliott performs: We only know the schedule after the fact, based on information from members who check the cast board or who have attended the show at a performance. The schedule of who is performing as Billy is not revealed in advance. Elliott is an excellent Billy, but I can tell you that all the Billys are wonderful, so it will not matter which Billy you get to see; you will have a great experience at the show.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome Manuel. Spend some time looking around. There's lots of information and lots of great people here. Enjoy!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Welcome Manuel
I am glad you found us. Hope you enjoy the forum. This is a very friendly,helpful place.
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

Hi Manuel!

You can get tickets for Billy in London from around 20 GBP, seats with better views will cost more but that's the cheapest.
I don't know if this link will work, but the cheapest hotel in Victoria area of London for three days is 316 GBP.

So here's the minimum cost not counting flight:
Tickets: 80 GBP (20*4)
Hotel: 316 GBP
Total: 386 GBP

Which leaves 877 GBP for flights.

I've never flown between Madrid and London, but I had a look on google, and if you book in advance (I looked on February) you can get a flight with Ryanair from 42 GBP per person. So I'll update the maths:
Tickets+Hotel: 386 GBP
Flights: 168 GBP (42*4)
Total: 554 GBP

And that leaves 709 GBP from the total you saved. So yes, if you book a few months early and go for budget options, you can do it and have some money left over!

Message me if you want me to explain anything better or whatever

Oliver:)
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Manuel,

Try looking through this section of the forum. There is a lot of information here about hotels, tickets, etc. Some of the threads have been in place for a long time, so I would recommend starting at the end of the threads for the most up to date information and reading backwards.

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... um.php?f=9
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
lion_9screamer
Audience Member

Post by lion_9screamer »

Thanks, thanks really a lot for your replies.

I want to go with my family, so I will save a little money for now. OliverWaters thanks a lot for all the information about the possible costs, and for all of you thanks really a lot for this warm wellcome.

After this little presentation I will look at each post really carefully to see the information about this unique show and experience. Thanks a lot for your help and if you want anything here I am.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome Manuel!!

I do hope you find your way to London! It's a great city and you already know BETM is a great Show!

Enjoy the forum too!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum Manuel
And I hope you and your family enjoy the show, and of caurse London
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome, Manuel! Hope you get there again and again! :)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “New Members”