Hello

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Addicted.to.Billy
Audience Member

Hello

Post by Addicted.to.Billy »

Hello my name is Livio and I'm a new member of the Billy Forum from Switzerland.

I was first at the VPT on September 14th 2013 and was totally overwhelmed by the performance of Harrison Dowzell. But it was on my last evening in London I don't had time to watch it again on the next day.

When I was back at home I read a lot about BETM, watched a lot of videos and listened to the songs again and again. With my final exams and other stuff, witch I had to do, it wasn't possible to go back to London till last week. And last week I was at the VPT for 6 shows (2x Elliott, 2x Bradley, 2x Ollie) :roll: . It was amazing and I just want to go there again and again. I'm already planing my next trip to London :)
Brad
George

Re: Hello

Post by Brad »

Welcome to forum Addicted. To.Billy. you will get a lot of information about the from here. Glad you have joined us.
Cheers

Brad
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

Welcome Livio :D
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome, Livio! It all starts with just one show! :D My first was in London in 2007, but still haven't gotten back. Gratefully, I live near Broadway, and was able to catch a bunch of the Tour stops over here on the East Coast of the U.S. too. Both Broadway and the Tour featured a Swiss-born Billy named Giuseppe Bausilio, who has stayed over here in the states and continued to wow audiences in another Broadway show (Newsies), as well as several other exciting ventures all the time. There are many cool programs on him that have aired on Swiss TV, so look him up!

Congrats on getting back to London too!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Addicted.to.Billy
Audience Member

Post by Addicted.to.Billy »

To be honest, Giuseppe Bausilio was my first contact with Billy Elliot The Musical. I haven't heard about this Musical before but then I saw a few years ago a documentary about Giuseppe Bausilio on the Swiss Television which was about the hard way from Berne (capital city of Switzerland) to the Brodway. From this Moment I wanted to watch this Musical on the Brodway. But then I heard that it closed and I was very sad about it and I went on Google for looking up if it is playing somewhere else in the world and I read that it's too on the West End.

From this Moment I only wanted to go to London for seeing BETM. But it tooked time till last September to get there and since then I only wanted to go back for BETM. And I went there for 6 shows last week. And planing now my next travel to London for showing this beautiful musical to my boyfriend.
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

Hi Livio, great to see you here as well. :mrgreen:
Regards from Switzerland to Switzerland!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Livio. I'm glad you got to see the show in London, and I hope you'll enjoy this forum.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Giuseppe as Billy on Broadway, but you are going to hear great things from him in the future. He is making quite a career for himself in New York.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard Livio! It is always interesting to hear someone's story of how they found the musical and what it means to them.

Enjoy the show and the forum!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Welcome to the Forum Livio.

You will find that this is a freindly and helpful place. Enjoy exploring our thousands of topics and reviews. It's always exciting to hear from new members.
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum Livio

Hope you have great fun reading all the reviews etc etc

Return to “New Members”