New here!

A place for new members to introduce themselves
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

New here!

Post by SolidarityForever »

Hey there,

I'm a new member but I've been lurking on here for a while haha. I've only seen Billy Elliot The Musical once in September, but have been a fan since the show opened. The only Billy I've seen live was Elliott Hanna, and he was great. :)
I got very excited about the Dutch version of the show because I am Dutch and there's so much out there about the young Billys and so what I wanted to do was put subtitles on some of the Dutch videos for you non-Dutchies on here.

I'm a ballet dancer myself, that must be why I love Billy Elliot so much and really I can't wait until I get the Billy Elliot Live DVD in hands this November so I can watch it all day, every day haha! :D

I should have checked the other topics before I started writing because I have no idea what other people usually write on forums like this. So if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. And I mean, really, don't. If you want to know what my favourite colour is, favourite Harry Potter character, if I smoke cigarettes, if I'm afraid of spiders... You ask, I answer!

Lots of love and talk to you all on the boards!!
angelenroute
Billy

Re: New here!

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome aboard, Liza! Hope you find lots of fun topics worth exploring here (hint: there are lots of fun topics worth exploring here). :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

Welcome Liza! How long have you been ballet-ing?
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Thanks both! :D
OliverWaters wrote:How long have you been ballet-ing?
For 17 years now!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

A very warm welcome. You will find this forum to be a friendly and helpful place and a wonderful source for everything there is to learn about BETM. Enjoy.

WELCOME LIZA
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard Liza! I for one would very much welcome subtitles on some of the Dutch videos! That is quite an undertaking, but one that would be much appreciated by many of us on the forum who don't speak Dutch.

So I have a question for you... How is it that you have been a fan of the show since it opened and you have only just seen it this year? How did you find out about it?

Thanks and enjoy the show and the forum!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Liza. Glad you finally decided to join us. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Thank you, thank you, thank you... :D
maria wrote: So I have a question for you... How is it that you have been a fan of the show since it opened and you have only just seen it this year? How did you find out about it?
Well I lived in The Netherlands and just had no money to go to either London or New York at the time. I was a fan of the film and always looked up clips and things online so back in 2005 I found out about the musical and have dreamt of going there ever since. All I knew from the show was from YouTube clips. So guess what the first thing was I did when I moved to London :mrgreen:
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum, Liza

Hope you enjoy reading the reviews etc etc
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Thanks! I love it here :)

Return to “New Members”