Hi, it's my first time here

A place for new members to introduce themselves
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Hi, it's my first time here

Post by angelenroute »

Flyin high wrote:Thank you for the welcomes. I've tried to put my finger on the reasons why I was so captivated by this particular show. Recently losing a parent, and also being Mum to a young boy have something to do with the emotional connection...as well as having danced myself. But I was just so in awe of the amount of time that Billy's are on the stage, and the amount of stage direction, lines and routines they have to remember at such a young age. Ultimately it's the laughter and the tears (in equal measure) that this story evokes. Gets me every time!!
Well said, and welcome, Flyin high! The show has so many happy triggers, I guess you could say, that appeal to so many of us for different reasons. I often see myself in the Michael character, having had several unrequited crushes on straight friends growing up, but I also see my own dad in Billy's dad. My father was mostly only a first-act Dad, but I know in my heart he would have come around eventually if we had more time together. And like you, having lost my mom and my dad, the scenes with Billy's Mum (and even Mrs. Wilkinson to a degree) always get me. The list--for all of us I'm sure--could go on and on!

Welcome to the forum, and please do post often! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Flyin high
Small Boy

Re: Hi, it's my first time here

Post by Flyin high »

Haven't been able to log on much lately, but wanted to say thanks Sean for your lovely comments and reply.

I often wonder if BETM would've moved me so much if I'd seen it at a different point in my life. Actually I suspect it might, but as Billy says 'I don't know what it is, it's hard to tell".

Return to “New Members”