Hello from Czech republic

A place for new members to introduce themselves
PLuto
Audience Member

Hello from Czech republic

Post by PLuto »

I think that it is time to say hello also from me.

My story with Billy Elliot is quite simple. I am fan of musicals, but I dont have so much chances to see so many musicals live, usually 2-3 per year. Until last May I have almost never heard about Billy Elliot. I knew nothing about the film and knew only some basic things that there is Billy Elliot musical. By coincidence I have received copy of Billy Elliot LIVE and in one free boring afternoon at the end of May 2015 I have watched it... ...it is really difficult to express the feeling thereafter, but I have fallen into the world of BE very easily. Since that I have started to read all things about the musical, watching the videos and I have also found this forum and followed it almost every day. And as I like "quick decision" actions, I have organised small trip to London to see the city (for first time) and also the musical. It was not easy due to time schedule of me and my friends, but everything went perfect and I have been able to attend performance last Friday. Of course, live performance is always better than DVD, especially due to all emotions which are on the stage and in auditorium. It was really great show and it really hit into the heart not only me, but also my friends, which I brought to the theatre (they are not so big fans of musicals).

All in all, it was quite expensive trip for us, but I dont regret the time and money which I spent for this trip. And now, one week after performance, I still cannot get the positive feeling from the performance out of my mind...

I hope I will be able to return back to London to see the performance once again before VPT will be closed for renovations...
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Czech republic

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome to the Forum PLuto! Glad you got to see the show and now you're really hooked :)

I hope you'll post often as you'll find it much more fun being an active Forum participant.

Enjoy!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome! And congratulations on making that wonderful trip to London!!!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, PLuto. I'm glad you found the show and the forum, and I'm glad you and your friends had a great trip to London. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Welcome to The Forum, PLuto. I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed Billy Elliot. The DVD whetted your appetite but you are right that it is not the same as actually seeing it live.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
PLuto
Audience Member

Post by PLuto »

ERinVA wrote:I'm glad you and your friends had a great trip to London. :D
Yes, it was really great trip in London for us. Not only because Billy, but almost everything was going perfectly - good weather (3,5 days without rain), we were able to see lot of places in London (I was making calculation and during three days we went 58 kms by foot!), good group of people, nice place for accomodation. There are only two things which I dont like on London so much - everything is closing at midnight, which is too early. And I also dont like mixture of modern and historic buildings in the city...
PLuto
Audience Member

Post by PLuto »

Billy Whiz wrote:The DVD whetted your appetite but you are right that it is not the same as actually seeing it live.
Not only whetted my appetite, but seeing that DVD started planning to visit the London and performance. I was thinking about visiting UK for few years as it is one of the small number of countries in Europe where I have never been and this DVD was crucial for changing this "thinking" into reality.

Return to “New Members”