Hello To All

A place for new members to introduce themselves
jasc51
Audience Member

Hello To All

Post by jasc51 »

I am so glad that I found this forum. I saw Billy Elliot, the Musical Live,last weekend on PBS. I understand this was taped in 2014. Was this the first time it was shown on PBS? Looking forward to chatting with you.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello To All

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, jasc51. Glad you found us! :D

Yes, the PBS broadcast was the first time the Billy Live! performance has been shown on American TV. I'm so glad you found it and enjoyed it. The performance was recorded in September of 2014 at the Victoria Palace Theatre in London, the original home of Billy Elliot the Musical (or as some of us forum members refer to it, the "Mother Church." :D ) But of course as you can see as you explore all the sections of this forum, Billy is now quite a phenomenon worldwide, so I hope you will be able to see a production live on stage somewhere (London is a great place to visit, so why not start there? ;) )
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Welcome to the Forum, jasc51. You will find just about everything about this great show in the forum's posts.

The Billy Elliot Live! film was first shown on many PBS stations on Friday, October 23rd. It was broadcast to many US movie theatres earlier in the year, and it is now available as a dvd or bluray, should you want a permanent copy of it. Some cable providers are offering it On Demand, and it is possible that PBS will show it on its Hulu channel in the future.

You can find listings of upcoming regional performances of BETM in North America (from Canada to Mexico, as well as the US) as well as Europe (and Israel) that have been announced so far. The London show will continue through 2016, and a UK tour begins in the New Year. All these details can be found in forum posts. I hope you will be able to catch a performance - it is even more special when seen live!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome, jasc51!

I'm always so happy when new productions or presentations bring more people into the world of Billy. I found the original forum years ago before seeing the show in London, but since then, I've watched as people found the forum after seeing the show on Broadway, on Tour, and in regional productions. Likewise, the filmed version you saw on PBS brought new people in when they originally saw it in movie theaters last year.

Anyway, all that is just by way of saying, welcome aboard! We're glad to have you here!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jasc51
Audience Member

Post by jasc51 »

angelenroute wrote:Welcome, jasc51!

I'm always so happy when new productions or presentations bring more people into the world of Billy. I found the original forum years ago before seeing the show in London, but since then, I've watched as people found the forum after seeing the show on Broadway, on Tour, and in regional productions. Likewise, the filmed version you saw on PBS brought new people in when they originally saw it in movie theaters last year.

Anyway, all that is just by way of saying, welcome aboard! We're glad to have you here!

Sean
Thanks Sean. Which section would the most appropriate for asking questions?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Welcome, jasc51

Glad you found us. You will find this forum a friendly and helpful place. Ask questions,search posts,post comments,and just enjoy exploring the most complete and comprehensive source of information on Billy Elliot the musical - we have threads for almost every show and cast member over the past ten years. . I hope you get an opportunity to see the musical performed live somewhere. Again welcome aboard!
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum jasc51
Hope you will enjoy the forum

Return to “New Members”