Proud Mom of a Billy

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Mapie22
Audience Member

Proud Mom of a Billy

Post by Mapie22 »

Hi everyone! I’ve been a big fan of Billy Elliot, both the movie and musical, for many years, long before having kids. And I’m an even bigger fan now, because my son John is a Billy!

He was cast as Billy in 2020 (Connecticut) and 2021 (Florida) but both productions were canceled due to COVID. He was then cast as Billy and Michael (double cast with the very talented Neo: when one played Billy, the other played Michael) in Bakersfield CA. And he’s getting ready to open as Billy in Pitman, NJ.

It’s been an amazing experience getting to watch him perform in his dream role. Seeing Billy Elliot in a local production is what inspired him to pursue musical theatre.

Thanks for letting me join your forum!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Proud Mom of a Billy

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Welcome to the forum, Mapie22. We share your excitement about your son's success.

If you haven't already noticed, there is a thread for discussion of each production, including the one for Pitman at the link below. We look forward to hearing more about the Pitman show from someone who has an up-close vantage point.

viewtopic.php?t=7711

-Chris
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Proud Mom of a Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Sorry for the extra late reply, but welcome, Maple22! The worldwide community of Billy fans, cast members, and their families is huge, so you'll never be without people to call on for questions, issues, or advice. Covid sadly sidelined a bunch of young performers at the brief age they need to be for these roles, so I'm really happy your son got to do this after all that!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “New Members”