Reviews -Tel Aviv

eladlaur2
Audience Member

Re: A review for the 16/06/16 show in Tel Aviv

Post by eladlaur2 »

angelenroute wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote:
eladlaur2 wrote:.
The actor that played Dad is very famous, but I don't think he got more time then Billy.
I meant during the finale. Dad was doing the tapping instead of Billy.
It's possible he's just a much better tapper, and since the audience wouldn't know the difference otherwise, they just switched it up.
It was a very short number. Not like in the original show
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

angelenroute wrote: It's possible he's just a much better tapper, and since the audience wouldn't know the difference otherwise, they just switched it up.
Even if he was a better tapper, the show was about Billy, not Jackie Elliot :)
---
István
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

eladlaur2 wrote: And watching the show in hebrew - did you came to Israel especially for this?

I always wanted to see Israel, so it was the perfect time to go :)
---
István
eladlaur2
Audience Member

Post by eladlaur2 »

Darth_Revan wrote:
eladlaur2 wrote: And watching the show in hebrew - did you came to Israel especially for this?

I always wanted to see Israel, so it was the perfect time to go :)
I hope you had a good time in Irseal :)
eladlaur2
Audience Member

A review for the 23/06/16 show in Tel Aviv

Post by eladlaur2 »

So I went again to see "Billy Elliot" in Tel Aviv (for the second time) . In contrary to the first show I've seen this show had 2 major differences: I was sitting in a great location (last time I had really lousy seats) and at there were no technical problems this time. This of course caused everything to look a lot better, especially the dancing and the choreography. The dancing was still not in perfect sync like the original show, but last time 2 of the dance routines were ruined by technical difficulties. "Angry Dance" was the best dance this time.
Let's talk about the cast:
Billy – Arnon Hering. Acting skills and singing were pretty good (His singing voice is very different from his regular voice, but in a good way). Dancing skills were great especially "Angry Dance" and "Electricity".
Michael – Amit Brener. He is an excellent singer, and acting skills were also very good. Did a fine job on the dance routine with Billy.
Debbie – Sasha Bezerkov. Did a great job in acting and dancing.
All the other cast was the same. They were all great.
In summary: The show is really entertaining and almost all the scenes are identical. The stage is smaller, and the set is a little different and that's why the choreography is different in some scenes. The changes in "angry dance" works pretty good, while the changes in "I like to boogie" scene were a bit awkward. "Solidarity" was pretty much the same.
The only problem I have with the show is the ending.
The last song where Billy wrote a letter to his mom was completely gone (this changes the whole story completly). The audition scene is also gone and Billy have no real reason to punch the other kid . The ending scene is too short and a lot less dramatic (with Micheal). The finale was very different with just a short tap number which was done by Dad ( :shock: ). Those changes were unnecessary, and I think they wanted to make the play shorter.

The show is very entertaining and in a very high standard and everybody did a great job. (but only if you have good seats ;) .)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reviews -Tel Aviv

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a very positive review from haaretz. com:

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/cult ... 86B7AADB7C :x
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Broadwayworld chimes in with a nice review of the Tel Aviv production:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/israel/art ... l-20160818
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Not a review per se, but some good photos:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/israel/art ... T-20160818
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

The musical won first place in the Best Musical category, as well as in the categories: Best Younger Actor (Shon Granot Zilbershtein), Best Actor in a Musical (Avi Kushnir), Best Choreography (Eldar Groisman), Best Ensemble Performance in a Musical, Person to Watch (Sahar Lev-Shomer) and Best Costume Design (Yuval Caspin).
see the full article

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Re ... l-20170107

Return to “Reviews - Tel Aviv”