Myles Erlick: Billy - Chicago, Toronto, NY and Muny

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Myles Erlick: Billy - Chicago, Toronto, NY and Muny

Post by ERinVA »

Myles, from Burlington, Ontario, is another of the boys mentioned in the NY Times article as making the cut to become a Billy.

Thanks to Rich B for this article about Myles:
http://www.insidehalton.com/print/437319

As with some of the others, we don't know yet which production Myles will be part of, but for now, we'll put him in the Broadway Arrivals, and if we find that he is going to another cast, we will move his thread. :D

Congratulations, Myles! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Myles Erlick

Post by porschesrule »

A new article on Myles appeared yesterday in The Burlington Post in Ontario. Though I believe it has a few inaccuracies, it's generally a good update from the earlier article posted on Myles in this thread:

http://www.insidehalton.com/what'son/wh ... cle/854318
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

That is a nice article about Myles. I love the photo of him in the air. It's interesting that he is going to Chicago "to train", rather than perform. I thought the only Billy school was in NYC. I guess even Billy training has to branch out to handle all of the touring needs.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:It's interesting that he is going to Chicago "to train", rather than perform. I thought the only Billy school was in NYC. I guess even Billy training has to branch out to handle all of the touring needs.
Note what I said in my earlier post about "inaccuracies" in the article. This is one of them. There is no Billy School in Chicago, just the one in New York. The Billy Camp or school was created, originally in Leeds, England and then a second one for the US in New York to take talented boys, who have the potential to be Billy, to train them on all the requirements for the role. Each step of the way, they are continually evaluated by BETM creative staff. Not all boys who attend the school get to be Billy. At the end of the training/evaluation period (averaging 6 months), they either are told they've made the cut or not. In either case, the Camp is over for them and they either go home or are told they have made the cut and will get to play the role in one of the productions of the show. At that point, they are assigned to one of the productions.

The six boys who were recently announced as having made the cut in the NY Times article (including Myles) are done with Billy Camp. They've graduated. Marcus Pei and Myles are in Chicago rehearsing with the Chicago cast and training for that show and will go into that Billy rotation as the need arises and they are ready to debut.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am sure this information is not news to CJ-Rochester, porschesrule. Members already know all that about Billy Camp (and the original Billy School in Leeds too) except for the suggestion in this article that they might have extended the training to Chicago since BETM is in residence there as well, which is what he was commenting on. It does not seem unreasonable that they might have decided to train some of the boys there, especially if it is closer to their home than NY, but as you say, it could well be an inaccuracy.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Myles' addition to the Chicago Billy rotation officially announced by Theatermania. No date specified.

http://www.theatermania.com/chicago/new ... 29954.html
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Congratulations Myles! Time to move this thread over to the Chicago section?
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, will do that now. Thanks for the reminder. :D
Ellen

mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Has any announcement to Myles first chicago performance been announced yet?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

mrmikerocks wrote:Has any announcement to Myles first chicago performance been announced yet?
On the Bloomingdale's fashion show video that was posted on the forum, both Ryan Kasprzak and Myles stated that he'd make his debut in October. Beyond that, no specific date has been officially announced.

As Tommy Batchelor's leave date is October 10, and as Myles is his replacement, it's a pretty sure bet that Myles debut will be somewhere around that date.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”