Finding Neverland

Chat about other shows here
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finding Neverland

Post by ERinVA »

I think everyone needs to give the kid a break, for heaven's sake. He is a kid. We don't treat our Billys' and Michaels' performances to that kind of critical dissection on here, and I don't think Aidan deserves to be treated any differently in this discussion.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Also keep in mind that in a large theater one often has to over emote to convey the feelings to those sitting far from the stage.
cglaid
Small Boy

Post by cglaid »

ERinVA wrote:I think everyone needs to give the kid a break, for heaven's sake. He is a kid. We don't treat our Billys' and Michaels' performances to that kind of critical dissection on here, and I don't think Aidan deserves to be treated any differently in this discussion.
That's because we're not really allowed to voice any kind of negative opinion. I think that if a performer, adult, child or otherwise, puts him or herself out there publicly, we should be allowed to have an opinion, of any kind. If I were to step foot on stage or on camera, which I wouldn't because I am a terrible actor, I would expect that people have thoughts about my performance. That is the nature of this business.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I understand your thoughts on this, and indeed this young man is neither a Billy nor a Michael, and because he isn't part of BETM, it's true that the rules for reviews/comments don't necessarily apply. Nevertheless, while such comments may not be as strictly moderated, I felt it was worth expressing my opinion. As I said, he is just a kid.

In regard to the rules having to do with reviewing Billys and Michaels, if you wish to discuss them in the Members Only Section, that is what the section is there for, so you are welcome to take advantage of that outlet for more discussion on the matter.

Just remember that the first sentence of our Forum Rules says: "The Rules of Billy Elliot The Forum (“the Forum”) are strict and the Admins make no excuse for this."
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Can we return to the subject of this thread, now?

Having seen FN in Boston and Broadway, I think I can safely say that any fan of BETM will find this musical more than engaging - it is rather wonderful. It deserves more exposure than just Broadway, and I am looking forward to its transition to the West End and a national tour.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I love the video. It is a beautiful song and I am looking forward to seeing the show. Thanks for posting the video, CJ-Rochester.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Ok, that song convinced me to someday see this.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Well, I thought the video was wonderful ! Aidan and Matthew were both good. I agree with Chris that the facial expressions are designed for the audience in a large theatre, when seen on a close up video they seem exaggerated.

Aiden certainly has the posh British accent mastered :)

Only thing bad.......I can not get this song out of my head !
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Yes, it is a wonderful musical score. I highly recommend a listen to it when it becomes available for purchase, as well as going to see a performance. I'd say it's my favorite show playing on Broadway at the moment.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

An ad popped up for the Broadway Cast recording of Finding Neverland.

It is expected to be released on July 17th, and may be pre-ordered on I-Tunes now:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/findi ... mpt=uo%3D4

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”